Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Airsoft Companies I've done business with (and how I liked it)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Airsoft Companies I've done business with (and how I liked it)

Admittedly, most of us are used to some standards of service, based on our experience with real-guns companies. And we usually expect these standards to be the same, when dealing with other companies, especially with Airsoft companies, since their products are so similar to our guns.

What we have to keep in mind, is that those pistols are in reality toys, so don't expect the companies which make or sell them to treat them as if they were guns.

In this thread, I'll try to convey my experiences with companies I've done business with, in the Airsoft world. Here is my rating:

: John is angry with this company.
    : John is not happy with this company.
    : John is not sure if he should smile or be mad.
    : John is happy with this company.
    : John is very happy with this company.

Let's see these companies:

Airsoft Extreme (US)
    Our first sponsor here, and the company which provided us with most of the pistols you will see in the tests section. AE is very knowledgeable in customizing the firearm you want, either a Gas Blowback pistol, or an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun). Three of the pistols they send us, are fully customized and you will read our experience with them in a few days. The owners, Andrew and Peter Ho, are two of the most knowledgeable people in the airsoft world, so if you want a blown-out customized Airsoft-IPSC pistol, these are the guys to talk with.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.airsoftextreme.com

Elite Shooting Center (UK)
    I got in touch with Elite Shooting Center in UK, when I was searching for a European airsoft shop to provide me with some Western Arms magazines that I needed for my pistols. The owner, Mike Cripps has been not only helpful and trustworthy, but also a gentleman. It's not everyday that you meet a vendor who openly tells you that "if I were in your shoes, I won't get this pistol. If you use it with anything else but 134A, you will destroy it. And their magazines are not as good as the rest of the brands.". And that was for a pistol he had in stock. I got to trust Mike and as a result, he got an 1,000 Euros order from me. If you live in Europe and if you want to shop from a European company to avoid hassles with the customs, use Mike. You won't regret it.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk

Airsplat.com (US)
    Airsplat.com was another one of our sponsors here, and it is one of the companies that helped us in making the "Airsoft Project" a reality. The owner, Kent Wu was very supportive with our idea and he send us two of the pistols we will use in our reports. He has been very helpful and patient with me, in my first airsoft steps. Kent is a very friendly person, very knowledgeable and always eager to help his customers. They have an amazing inventory of airsoft guns and supplies, and they offer free shipping on some of their guns.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.airsplat.com

Guns & Guys (Hong Kong)
    One of the friendlier places to do business with. Peter Chan, the owner, will do his best to accomodate your request. Very prompt response, and knowledgeable in the business. They have some excellent offers in their "Specials!". That's where I got my Wilson Combat FBI pistol, at an unbelievable price. Don't panic if an email you send to Peter, bounces back. Their email server is sometimes turned off during the (Hong Kong) evening hours or the weekend.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.gunsnguys.com/home_ns.htm

Arms Airsoft (Hong Kong, ex. Airsoft Armory)
    Another Hong Kong shop with a large inventory and very attractive prices. Their web site is not always reflecting their real stock, so be sure to write and ask for the item you are interested in. I tried ordering a Tanaka revolver from them, which appeared to be "In Stock", but when the time for shipment came (after I paid for it), it could not be found. They offered to refund my payment immediately, but I elected to purchase something else. Rose is a friendly person, and always tries to help you with your Airsoft needs.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.armsairsoft.com/

Airsoft Innovations (Canada)
    The source for the most-well kept secret in Airsoft Gases. Carl is the inventor and manufacturer of the Propane Adapter, an adapter which lets you use propane instead of Green Gas, in your Airsoft pistols. He also sells some flow restrictors (a small brass washer, with a hole in the middle) which allow you to use propane, in Western Arms pistols, at some ridiculous price (15$), but hey, it's the performance that counts, not the size. Carl is always friendly and ready to answer your questions about his products. Service is excellent too.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/

Airsoft Dynamics (UK)
    One of the largest Airsoft retailers in Europe. They have a great inventory of various manufacturers products (Tokyo Marui, KSC, Maruzen, Tanaka etc.) and they carry spare parts for these brands as well.

I tried ordering a Tanaka revolver from them, which was shown in stock, only to find out that the item I wanted was not in their inventory. That was after I've ordered it, and paid for it. They offered to look for it (try and get it for me), if I so wanted, but for all the time they will need to find it (up to 30 days), my money would be theirs. I do not like companies which bill your credit card before they ship you the goods. To their credit, when I informed them of my discomfort, they immediately refunded my money, however I lost 7 Euros in the transaction (due to the difference in exchange rates, banks charge more when they sell you foreign exchange, than when they get it back from you).

I then ordered some parts from them for my Glock 19 and found out that they had charged me for 17.85 GBP for shipment, while the stamps on the package that I got where only 10.30 GBP. Their explanation was that the additional was for packing (the padded envelope they used) and handling (an employee has to deliver the international packages to the Post Office, fill in forms for them etc). I have to admit that I had agreed to this amount, when I placed my order, thinking that this was what the UK Post Office was charging, and because I wanted those goods delivered to me as soon as possible. So, it's not as if they haven't told me of the charge, but I find that rather frustrating to be charged 80% more from the actual cost of shipping, for packing and handling.

Finally, while my order included a KSC Glock 19 magazine, the one I received was for a Glock 17 (i.e. longer). The proper magazine arrived after about one month, and not before I had an English friend of mine contact them and put some pressure on them.

I then emailed them asking to which address they want me to send the wrong magazine back (and reassure me that they would refund my postage expenses) and I have never heard back from them. Until I have their email, which clearly says that they will pay for me to ship back the wrong magazine, I am not going to return it to them.

Dealing with this company was not the best experience. First charging my card, while the order item was not in stock, then charging me more money for the shipment, than what the UK Post Office asks for, then sending me the wrong magazine, not good! They are well-stocked though and their delivery times are very good, plus they are in an EU country which means you can order what you want from them and have it delivered to your door without worrying about customs delays.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.airsoftdynamics.com

Safara Softair (San Marino)
    One of the few European retailers, with some interesting guns, but at relatively high prices. They have only one phone number (the fax number that appears on their web site, don't bother using what appears to be a phone number, use the FAX one), which is always busy, and only one of the people there speaks any English, Michele.

I tried to order a Tanaka M66 2.5" revolver, and I spoke with Michele, who assured me they have them in stock and there was no reason to save one for me, since they had about 10 of them. By the time the credit card details have been faxed (the same day), the 2.5" was not in stock, only the 4" model existed.

I finally ordered an M19 revolver, with the 2.5" barrel, which even though I was told it was send on September 29th, it was not shipped until October 3rd. On October 3rd, they gave me a tracking number with a courier company, which did not exist in the courier's computer system. It appeared two days later. Finally the package was delivered to me OK, but after a lot of frustration, delays and several international calls to Italy.

Oh yes, and do not expect an answer to your email, the same day, they usually check their emails once or twice a week, so communicating with them is very difficult.
    John's Opinion:
    Web Site: http://www.safarasoftair.com/

Finally, some companies which do not even bother answering your emails are listed below:

- Western Arms (Japan)
    - PJR Custom (UK)
    - Airsoft Scotland (UK)
    - Wolf Armouries (UK)

Needless to say, that none of the above companies will ever get an order from me (in Western Arms case, I'll never ever order from them directly, but I will most probably order their pistols from retailers).

I'll keep updating this list, as my experience with Airsoft (and my dealing with Airsoft companies) grows.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 22nd October 2007 at 07:23.

Posts liked by others
    I have done business with the following retailers.

Airsoft Extreme:
    Average prices and friendly staff, and decent stock of Items.

Power Edge USA:
    Good prices, friendly staff, large stock of Itmes, fast shipping and quick e-mail replies.

Precision Airsoft:
    Decent Prices, friendly staff, good stock of items, fast ground shipping and they have a Toll-Free number.

Posts liked by others
    My experience with Airsplat was less than stellar. Ordered the gun on Thursday and paid for three day shipping. It's seven days later and still don't have it. Wasn't shipped until Monday and may be delivered today. Why pay for the expedited shipping if it doesn't get shipped?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Well, three day shipping is three day shipping. If you called late on Thursday and they had many orders to process on Friday, it's normal that yours was not shipped until Monday. Did you call them and ask? What did they say? Ask to talk with Kent Wu, I am sure he will take care of you. Mention M1911.ORG to him, it might help.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    - Western Arms (Japan)

Needless to say, that none of the above companies will ever get an order from me (in Western Arms case, I'll never ever order from them directly, but I will most probably order their pistols from retailers).
    I work on exceptionally high-quality airsoft stuff as a side job (I've done WA 1911 pistols that have run in the $1,000 range) and the fact that they won't reply to your emails is par for the course. Most of the Japanese companies regard their market as Japan, and Japan only. They sell indirectly to Hong Kong to the US. There are no Japanese manufacturers that direct retail to the US. Some HK manufacturers will, but that's about it. If you want a 1911 in airsoft form though, the WA is the gun to beat. Other manufacturers make decent guns, but if you're going to pretty it up, the WA has more parts available for it than any other manufacturer (Mainly through Sheriff in Japan and PGC/Shooter Design in HK).