Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Check your Compact Sig Sauer 1911's

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Compact Nitron back in five days with new barrel and barrel bushing. I would say that's good service.

Posts liked by others
    That's what I thought. Good luck with your problems!

Posts liked by others
    Compact Nitron back in five days with new barrel and barrel bushing.
    Wow! I was expecting to wait at least 3 weeks on mine. Now, I'll be looking for that brown truck every day.

Posts liked by others
    I have my C3 back from Sig. Took seven days from the time I mailed it till I had her back in my hands. Great service!!!

Posts liked by others
    I mailed mine Wednesday last week and got it today (Tuesday). Six calendar days. Can't get any better than that. Replaced the barrel and bushing and upgraded the extractor. I'm going to the range tomorrow to test it out.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrazzGuy
    I mailed mine Wednesday last week and got it today (Tuesday). Six calendar days. Can't get any better than that. Replaced the barrel and bushing and upgraded the extractor. I'm going to the range tomorrow to test it out.
    Let us know how it turns out

Posts liked by others
    Hi, can you expound on exactly what the upgrade to the extractor amounted to? Thanks

Posts liked by others
    Hi, can you expound on exactly what the upgrade to the extractor amounted to? Thanks
    I'm not sure that I can exactly. My Sig has been real finicky about which hollowpoints it would feed. For example, it wouldn't feed Federal HyrdaShoks. It would feed Gold Dots but I still heard the "kerchunk" sound. When I sent the pistol in, I just noted that it would not feed all hollowpoints reliably. The notes that came back just said they "upgraded" the extractor.

I did a bit of quck Googling and noticed at least one or two posts on other forums indicating one problem with feeding might be caused by the extractor. See post 8 at http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ng-issues.html.

I have a few days off so I was going to check it today at the range. The pistol range was closed due to some upgrades, so I couldn't check it. Fortunately, I took along an AR along and the rifle range was open.

Edited to add:

I see 1911Turner has also just posted about extractors causing failures to feed: http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=71911
    Last edited by BluegrazzGuy; 12th August 2009 at 14:25.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info, Bluegrazzguy.

Posts liked by others
    Just got mine back today. 8 calender days. Pretty fast. Has anybody noticed that the new barrel appears slightly longer? The new bushing is flush with the barrel but is thicker and both the barrel and bushing are slightly longer than the mainspring plug.

I'm not sure that I can exactly. My Sig has been real finicky about which hollowpoints it would feed. For example, it wouldn't feed Federal HyrdaShoks. It would feed Gold Dots but I still heard the "kerchunk" sound. When I sent the pistol in, I just noted that it would not feed all hollowpoints reliably. The notes that came back just said they "upgraded" the extractor.

I did a bit of quck Googling and noticed at least one or two posts on other forums indicating one problem with feeding might be caused by the extractor. See post 8 at http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ng-issues.html.

I have a few days off so I was going to check it today at the range. The pistol range was closed due to some upgrades, so I couldn't check it. Fortunately, I took along an AR along and the rifle range was open.

Edited to add:

I see 1911Turner has also just posted about extractors causing failures to feed: http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=71911

I also told them about mine having some FTF and FTE failures and mine also came back with the "upgraded extractor" noted on the service sheet. Also they polished the feed ramp on mine.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast