Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Check your Compact Sig Sauer 1911's

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks to you people: I realized that my Compact Nitron Serial #GS106xx, purchased in February has the improperly machined barrel. It has only 300 rounds through it and the barrel does not appear to be damaged. However, the barrel bushing has already started to take a beating. Victoria sent me a shipping label and it's on it's way to Sig.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard6
    Thanks to you people: I realized that my Compact Nitron Serial #GS106xx, purchased in February has the improperly machined barrel. It has only 300 rounds through it and the barrel does not appear to be damaged. However, the barrel bushing has already started to take a beating. Victoria sent me a shipping label and it's on it's way to Sig.
    happy to help.

Posts liked by others
    Hello folks,

I just realized after looking at the pics that I have that improperly machined barrel too. I'll shoot Victoria an email and hope to get this resolved soon. thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    Count me in as well, serial number GS103XX. Sig has promptly provided a shipping label and I will ship out tomorrow.

Posts liked by others
    Wow, my first day here and already I have been helped. Thanks for the information, my C3 does indeed show the damage you have shown us here. I purchased it in April of 2008 and it was manufactured in April of 2007.

Thank you for the info.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothergoose
    Wow, my first day here and already I have been helped. Thanks for the information, my C3 does indeed show the damage you have shown us here. I purchased it in April of 2008 and it was manufactured in April of 2007.

Thank you for the info.
    Mothergoose!
    Glad to be of assistance .

Hey mods, can we make this info a sticky?

Posts liked by others
    Sent mine off today. I have had some FTF and FTE problems with it already so hopefully this is part of the problem. I had a hard time getting any information about it though. I couldn't get ahold of Victoria so I just called the CS line. The guy I talked to had no idea about it. I finally spoke to Victoria and she kind of admitted there was a problem, but said it was a limited number of C3 pistols and said nothing about any other lines. I wanted to ask her a few other questions but she said she doesn't know much about the problem since she is not a gunsmith.

Oh well. I guess they are going to fix the problem. That's all that matters to me.

Posts liked by others
    Just shot the C3 today, and for the first time I noticed this exact problem. The bushing has always been really tight, but no sign of trouble until today. My sn is 14xxx, so definitely NOT an early model problem. Will contact Victoria. She has been great in the past. Do you have to ship the entire pistol, or just the slide/bbl assembly?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunKevin
    My compact RCS, #GS15XXX, dated April 1, 2008 , initially came with the fault barrel. I don't think the problem is confined to older pistols.
    You're right on, Kevin. Mine is just a bit older than yours and the problem showed up today for the first time. Emailed Victoria and expect the usual great SIG CS, but still a real pain in the butt on an expensive pistol.

Mike

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by XGunslinger
    Just shot the C3 today, and for the first time I noticed this exact problem. The bushing has always been really tight, but no sign of trouble until today. My sn is 14xxx, so definitely NOT an early model problem. Will contact Victoria. She has been great in the past. Do you have to ship the entire pistol, or just the slide/bbl assembly?
    You'll need to ship the entire pistol. Sig will fit a new barrel and bushing, and will need to test fire the pistol as a whole. It's a fairly painless operation, and likely will take about a week. Sig will email you with an RMA number and a UPS call tag. Be sure to include a thorough letter explaining everything wrong with the pistol, including the fact that the barrel is of the wrong type.

Try as I may, I've never been able to speak with Victoria, even going through the company directory and leaving her a voicemail. Oh well, hopefully my problems have been resolved.
    "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." - Second Timothy 2:3

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast