Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Check your Compact Sig Sauer 1911's

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Check your Compact Sig Sauer 1911's

It has been discovered that some of, if not all, the earlier COMPACT Sig Sauer 1911 models have improperly machined barrels which causes problems such as a failure to chamber, cracked barrel bushings, and more.

Here are some pictures from other posts that will show you what to look for:
    This image demonstrates contact on the barrel lugs.

This image shows where the barrel bushing is being contacted and usually will crack.

This image displays the improperly machined areas of the barrel.

This image displays a properly machined 4.25" barrel.

The fix:
    Contact Sig Sauer by phone or email and speak solely with Victoria Martin. Explain the problem and symptoms. She should provide a RMA #, return shipping label, and packages instructions. The handgun will be fixed free of charge and returned, usually with 1 week.
    Email and phone number are,
    Victoria.Martin@Sigarms.com
    (603) 418-8158

The images and information contained in the post are from other users posts and are strictly being used here for informative purposes.

Serial Number-------------Maf. Date------------Updated Barrel (yes/no)
    GS105XX------------------XX\XX\XXXX-------------No
    GS15XXX------------------April2008----------------No
    XXXXXXX------------------Nov. 2008---------------Yes
    Last edited by rickou812; 28th July 2009 at 20:06.

Posts liked by others
    My compact RCS, #GS15XXX, dated April 1, 2008 , initially came with the fault barrel. I don't think the problem is confined to older pistols.
    "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." - Second Timothy 2:3

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunKevin
    My compact RCS, #GS15XXX, dated April 1, 2008 , initially came with the fault barrel. I don't think the problem is confined to older pistols.
    Great info.
    So far, we know that Sig was still using improperly machined barrels up to April of 2008.

Shotgunkevin, if you don't mind, please post how you determined your manufacture date. We can start a running serial to date post and which barrel was installed.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rickou812
    Shotgunkevin, if you don't mind, please post how you determined your manufacture date. We can start a running serial to date post and which barrel was installed.
    It's on a label on the end of the blue Sig case.
    "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." - Second Timothy 2:3

Posts liked by others
    Thank you very much for these great photos. My stainless SIG carry #GSC011XX has a date of November 2008 and I have often wondered whether it had the updated barrel in it or not, and after looking at your photos I see that mine does have the updated barrel. Again, thanks for the great photos and information!
    Last edited by wproct; 28th July 2009 at 21:18.

Posts liked by others
    Looks like I will be calling Victoria to have mine exchanged out. Never had a problem with my C3 but obviously this needs to be fixed. I also have some wear on my frame that I would like to know if it is normal or not. This picture is with about 1000 rounds:

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by TexCaboCat
    Looks like I will be calling Victoria to have mine exchanged out. Never had a problem with my C3 but obviously this needs to be fixed. I also have some wear on my frame that I would like to know if it is normal or not. This picture is with about 1000 rounds:
    You do have the improperly machined barrel. You can see in your 3rd photo where the lower barrel feet have been contacting the guide rod flange. You should also check your barrel bushing, it may be cracked, if not it will eventually.
    What is the manufacture date of your pistol?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rickou812
    You do have the improperly machined barrel. You can see in your 3rd photo where the lower barrel feet have been contacting the guide rod flange. You should also check your barrel bushing, it may be cracked, if not it will eventually.
    What is the manufacture date of your pistol?
    I ordered it last August and received the gun in October.

Posts liked by others
    Victoria was great. Got my shipping label via email and shipped my C3 back to Sig today on them. Should have it back in 7-12 days. Sig stepped up to the plate.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by TexCaboCat

My dustcover has the same wear mark! I imagine it's from the front end of the recoil spring guide rod bottoming out as the too-long lower lugs slam into it as the barrel links up.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast