Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: List your photo equipment

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    Buddy had one of those in high school. Dropped it down a flight of stairs. Couple of nicks and scratches, and a chipped lens hood mount, but otherwise good to go. He used it several more years. Those things were built like tanks.
    It weighs like a tank...

I believe all those older 35mm camera bodies and lenses were built the old fashioned way... all metal...

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope".

- Sir Winston Churchill

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff731
    I hope to add a used Leica or Nikon 35mm film camera in the near future... perhaps one of those on John's listings.
    If you were on this side of the Atlantic, you could get my mint Leica M6 with a mint 50mm f/2 Summicron , they are currently listed for sale in eBay. Excellent condition, like new. But I need to let it go. It's a pity that I can't get used to the way its controls work. Aperture ring towards the front of the lens, focusing ring towards the camera body. It takes me hours to set it up to take a picture. In one case, even the dog got bored and fall asleep before I had everything set up.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If you were on this side of the Atlantic, you could get my mint Leica M6 with a mint 50mm f/2 Summicron , they are currently listed for sale in eBay. Excellent condition, like new. But I need to let it go...
    I can only wish... and would dearly love to have that Leica!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope".

- Sir Winston Churchill

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I know you would love to have it.

I had always drooled over Leicas and this example I got is pristine, exactly what I've dreamed for, all my adult life. However, on one hand, it is so difficult for me to get used to it and the way its controls are, and on the other hand it is a significant investment to just have it in the closet and not use it.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    John,

That's a very beautiful camera... and after all, it is a Leica.

Yes... too expensive to just set in the gunsafe with no use.

Yes... the ergonomics and controls are uniquely odd.

Still, it's tempting beyond words to own one...

Perhaps it falls into the category of something you've always wanted... finally obtain... and then wonder why you bought it.

Cliff

- Sir Winston Churchill

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff731
    Perhaps it falls into the category of something you've always wanted... finally obtain... and then wonder why you bought it.
    Cliff my friend, that's the exact category this item falls in. I would be really sorry to see it go, but this is a lot of money in that nice-looking German piece of jewelery. I could buy other things which can compliment my existing Nikons kit instead of having a camera I'll just be looking at.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Nikon D700
    Nikon D200
    MB-D200
    MB-D10
    Nikon Lenses
    12-24DX
    28-70 f/2.8
    85 f/1.4
    70-200vr f/2.8
    TCEII 1.4
    SB800
    2 AlienBee's B800 strobes
    several reflectors
    lusting for a 400 f/2.8

Ted B

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Have you guys noticed a trend lately, in Nikon's lenses? Most of the lenses coming out are either the DX type of the crippled G type. What's wrong with Nikon lately?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    My current inventory:

8x10 Deardorff view camera
    11x14 Deardorff view camera
    12x20 Lotus view camera...multiple lenses for all 3 cameras
    Mamiya RZ67 with 50, 110 and 180mm lenses
    (2) Rollei SL66 with 40mm Distagon...80mm Planar and 150mm Sonnar
    Canon F-1 with various lenses
    Canon Powershot G9...My only digital. Use it to post gun photos..........

As you can see, all but the last one are film cameras and the BW film for the 12x20 runs about $12 per sheet. The bellows on the Lotus is large enough to hold probably 20-25 Colts and 10 boxes of ammo. When I go shoot that camera, I ain't kiddin....TW

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grainfed
    As you can see, all but the last one are film cameras and the BW film for the 12x20 runs about $12 per sheet. The bellows on the Lotus is large enough to hold probably 20-25 Colts and 10 boxes of ammo. When I go shoot that camera, I ain't kiddin....TW
    You ain't doing field work with the first three are you?!?!?!?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast