Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt recall

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Landman
    Lunk,

If you have installed a Wilson Combat grip safety you would not need to send it back unless you want to have a factory grip safety too.
    I believe Colt is referring to the thumb safety when they call it a "slide lock safety."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by OD*
    I believe Colt is referring to the thumb safety when they call it a "slide lock safety."
    My mistake. Been a long day. Sorry about that.

Posts liked by others
    I know where you are coming from amigo.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Landman
    Lunk,

If you have installed a Wilson Combat grip safety you would not need to send it back unless you want to have a factory grip safety too.
    I wish that were the case Landman. I sure do hate to send this one back, since it's my first colt and it's become my primary carry.

Appreciate you lookin' out for me.

Lunk

Posts liked by others
    I applaud Colt for seeing a problem and taking action!
    I prefer Colts...Semper Fi

Posts liked by others
    Paul I agree. Though I hate to see this happen on the heels of getting the CNC machinery online at least they are taking action.
    QC must be paying better attention.
    I talked to Rich today for a while about this. I am hoping the vendors that supply the raw material are in the loop.
    Recalls are bad but hopefully it will pass quickly and the lessons will be learned.

Posts liked by others
    I'm sure Colt isn't going to eat this whole snot sandwich without at least trying to get reimbursed from the culprit that sent them the bad material in the first place. This involves several thousand pistols, the shipping alone will make FedEx happy campers.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911
    None of mine are in the list, but if yours are I would wine and at least try and get a free mag or something out of it.
    Or maybe whine as I doubt they will give out free alcohol.

A nuisance for sure but it looks like my Combat Elite will take a trip.

Posts liked by others
    My WWI is on the list.

I do hope they have a box of Carbonia (sp) blue thumb safeties or I am going to be hard to get along with.

Oh well stuff happens and I am sure Colt will get it taken care of to my satisfaction.

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Since so many of the members here own these pistols I was just wondering if anybody has had a failure caused by these faulty parts. I'm just curious what happens when the safety breaks. I would imagine when the recoil spring breaks it is pretty obvious.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast