Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft for Reality Based Force on Force Training?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Airsoft for Reality Based Force on Force Training?

Hey Guys,
    Newbie here on the forum and to airsoft. I've come here with some questions that I hope that some of you here might be able to help me with.

I'm looking for an affordable alternative to Simunitions, yet something that still allows for the realism that you can not get with the Blue Guns (rubber training guns). I've heard of others using airsoft to fit this requirement with some success, but as I've said I admittedly am new to airsoft. So, I'm turning to you for recommended manufactures and/or sources for airsoft pistols that offer the quality and functual realism that would be sufficient for force on force training in a CQB environment. This would require that the guns be robust enough for rough handling such as in take away and retention drills.

Back in Janurary ('09 SHOT Show) I was introduced to the all metal "Professional" line of airsoft offered by KWA, but their line was limited to only two models. A M9 and a double stack 1911.

Are there any other products that meet those same standards out there yet?

If you've any experience with guns that you think would work for this type of training I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Posts liked by others
    On most of the forums where Trainers post, the KWA Glocks are highly rated by all. That is with doing all types of drills.
    My #1 Glock 19 Airsoft has over 16,000 rds. through it and is still going strong but I don't throw mine around as some Trainers do.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the reply Ken.

I think the Glocks would be a good universal choice for guns that I could provide students with as loaners, but I haven't seen any for sale.

When I spoke to one of the KWA representitives at the Orlando SHOT Show back in January he said that nobody is making the Glocks any more.

So, what's the story? Are they not available or am I not looking in the right places?

Henry

Posts liked by others
    KWA Glocks are hard to find but there are some out there. I have bought a few used ones off E-Bay and have been well pleased with them.

I understand KSC Glocks are mostly the same thing and are easier to find. I don't have one so I can't state that as a fact.

If I were you I would check out Airsoft forums on the net and you can get more info than you can handle.

Also you will find places that you can purchase stuff (guns,etc)that you can't find in the USA.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks again Ken; I'll take a look around ebay.

I'm also, interested in hearing from anyone who's got some recommendations on an officer model. Something to fill my personal needs... A close replica of the Kimber Ultra Tactical II (3.5", ambi safety, extended mag well).

Posts liked by others
    KWAs and KSCs are really the same thing. Markings may be different, KWAs usually having none. KWAs come all-metal, while KSC has both plastic and metal models. Parts like spare mags, are the same for both.

I use my airsofts for competitive training, not the kind you describe, so I 'baby' them as much as possible. I would guess that magazines would take a beating in a force-on-force training setup. They are quite heavy, essentially working as pressurized tanks, and I avoid dropping them.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    from what I remember when I still played alot 5 years ago, western arms dominated the 1911s in airsoft. take a look at western arms also. I had an STI western arms airsoft gun that I paid $350 and its all metal and an exact STI copy. It was double stack. Western Arms had a Kimber desert warrior copy back then
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    Currently, the STI website has a link named 'airsoft', linking to a company called ASG. Other than some TM Hi-Capa STI-style guns (like mine), this company also has this, fully badged gun, which is pictured on STI's link:

I may be wrong, but I believe this airsoft pistol is based on the old (and now discontinued) KWA/KSC STI Edge all-metal model. I believe this because I tried finding out what replacement magazines fit it, and the results I got from some Airsoft sites linked me to KWA magazines.

However, it seems the OP is interested in a wider selection of airsoft pistols, not limited to 1911s. As for a Kimber subcompact, I'm afraid I haven't seen any. The only really compact 1911 I am aware of is the Detonics.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    alot of new companies popped up left and right since I quit about 4 years ago. Some companies actually sell their stuff alot cheaper. The $350 sSTI gun I bought back then, my friends said stuff like that with custom parts can be bought for just around $150 nowadays.
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    You have to remember that airsoft started out in countries where real guns are very strictly regulated. For many people, airsofts were the only way to get anything gun-like over there, so they were prepared to pay plenty of money to get them.

Now, with Chinese makers coming in the market, and with the sport getting more wide-spread, both as a game (which is how it started) and as a means of training, prices are bound to drop.

Problem is, the same may apply for quality, but the jury is still out on that one...
    M. Setter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast