Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Pistols for Training

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Makes sense. I know the Marine Corps evolved from doing the "bang, bang you are dead" exercises, to MILES gear, to paint ball and recently been seeing airsoft training weapons being used. Still limited to close range/CQB scenarios but has the advantage of using a training aid with the weight and feel of the real weapon. I'll need to dig through the Airsoft section and get an idea of what would be a good training aid for me. I saw a Wilson Combat CQB Elite airsoft pistol at the link below:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3858

Manufacturer shows Wilson Combat but I thought Western Arms was licensed to build them, but the link on Wilson Combat's website is dead and I didn't see any Wilson Combat pistol on Western Arms website.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    One of the best uses for airsoft pistols in training is the ability to do force on force drills. You can learn things that aren't possible on the square range.
    exactly. this is why I dont have much worry when the real time comes that we need to do what we need to do to survive as I have 8 intense and consistent years of airsoft with SWAT team members, regular cops, military and regular citizens alike. Ive taken a shot on the face several times. Thats one thing I dont wanna experience in reality
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    I talked to Wilson Combat on them being listed as the manufacturer for the Wilson Combat CQB Elite airsoft pistol. I think they thought I had three heads or just crawled out of a pub. Buyer beware. Just because it is listed that way on the website doesn't make it so.

Posts liked by others
    their airsoft guns I think are made by western arms that just carry their trademark. I had a Kimber Desert Warrior in airsoft before and western arms made that
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    That was my understanding as well. The Airsoft link off of Wilson Combat's website is broken and Western Arm's website doesn't appear to list any Wilson 1911 airsoft replicas. Reading japanese isn't one of my strengths, so who knows what it actually says.

Posts liked by others
    I would take a close look at a KWA 1911 at KWAUSA. you would have to pay full price if you bought it from them but can get it cheaper elsewhere.
    A good thing about the KWA's is the fact you can get parts here to repair them if needed.
    I don't own a KWA 1911 but would like to have one. I have others but have had problems with broken parts in all of them and have to order parts from overseas.
    WE 1911's are supposed to be good but mine broke the recoil spring plug and barrel bushing before more than a couple of mags were shot through it.

I can highly suggest KWA's Glocks. My #1 Glock 19 has over 16,000 BB's through it with no problems until a couple of days ago when it wasn't acting right. I thought I would have to break out one of my spares but I checked it over and found the pin at the floating valve had worked out just a little. I put it back and the Glock went back to working as it should.
    Last edited by Ken Grant; 20th May 2009 at 19:25.

Posts liked by others
    I'll do that. I'll also ask my son since he has been involved in airsoft for the past four years, plus John looks to have a lot of reviews to consider as well. Almost as agonizing as when I picked out my Wilson Combat or Volkmann. At least it is the same kind of money.

Posts liked by others
    Look in the airsoft section of the forum. John and the crew reviewed several of the 1911 airsoft guns. There are pics and links to various models. IIRC the both versions of the MEUSOC and either a Kimber Warrior or DET-1 pistol. Either of those should appeal to a jarhead
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)
    Last edited by garrettwc; 20th May 2009 at 22:05.

Posts liked by others
    Oohrah. If it leaks oil, smokes when you use it and deserves being cursed at, yet still delivers fire and destruction, it will fit right in.

Posts liked by others
    On trigger weight:

I have two airsoft pistols, a TM HiCapa 5.1 and a KWA Glock 17. The trigger of the TM is indeed lighter than that of a real 1911 intended for self-defense, but it is a good trigger. A bit of pre-travel without any creep, and no overtravel at all. So as far as I'm concerned, since the thing is supposed to imitate a competitive 2011, the trigger is right on the money!

The Glock's trigger is indeed very light, a bit lighter than a real (and well-worn) Glock 17 with a 3.5lb connector. Its overall feel though is very much like the real thing. However, I understand that airsoft Glocks sold in the US come with triggers that don't have the trigger safety, so undoubtedly they would be a bit... different.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast