Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

The Complete WE 1911 Breakdown Guide.

Here is a writeup I did for the airsoft forum that I am a member of. It will take you through every important part of the assembly. It should also be noted that its actually kind of scary to look at how similar this is to the real deal.

I apologize that some of the pics aren't of the best quality but they are enough to get you on the right path. Also I should mention that some of the terms are not correct as I wrote this over a year ago and I didn't really know many of the correct terms, I was also writing it for folks that I expected to be completely unfamiliar with 1911 breakdown. That being said...

Enjoi!

First remove the mag from the replica and disassemble by moving the slide approximately half way back and align the half circle with the pin that keeps the slide on.

Next apply pressure to the pin until it "pops" out and remove it from the opposite side.

At this point the slide will slide right off the grip and dust cover assembly. set this aside.

Press the pin holding the bottom rear of the grip out of the gun and set it somewhere where you wont lose it.

Now slide out the mainspring housing, note that there are rails down the side of it that fit into grooves in the grip

also note that there is a seat for the rat tail to fit into when reinstalling the mainspring housing back into the grip.

If you are installing a new enhanced trigger spring you will need to compress the inside seat and press out the keeper pin shown here.

Once the pin is out the internals will come out and should look like this.

To reinstall just reverse teh takedown procedure and replace the pin.

Set it along with the pin and slide to the side. Carefully lift the sear spring out of the grip and make sure that there is no damage. refer to the image for what it should look like.

At this point were going to remove the safety mechanism, PLEASE NOTE!!! when removing the safety take special care not to lose the spring loaded pin that keeps both your safety and slide lock in place

Make sure the safety is fully engaged (all the way up) and carefully lift it out of the body. it doesnt require any tools jsut get your fingernail under it and lift.

Now remove the two pins and spring from the tube in front of the safety and set them to the side to insure you dont lose them.

NOTE! this is the order in which they will go back into the tube during reassembly.

Once those are removed turn the pistol over and locate the two C ring keepers that hold the aforementioned tube in place.

Using a small regular screwdriver or an awl carefully pry out the two keeper and set them to the side.

Now we remove the tube from the pistol,

and turn our attention to the two screws in the upper right of the replica. There is a philips(+) screw in the far upper right and a regular(-) one below it and slightly left. DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! there is no need to mess with this screw and trust me it will increase your heartache tenfold. Unscrew the phillips screw (+)

and lift off the panel. If you flip it over or this is the part you need to know how everything fits this is what youre looking at.

This is the firing pin mechanism and you really dont want to mess with it.

Turning our attention back to the frame,we are now looking at the workings of the hammer mechanism.

Remove the hammer by simply sliding it off the tube it rests on

At this point there are only two pieces left. the sear

and another piece that assists with the firing pin assembly

These will both easily lift out of the frame.

If you turn your attention the the regular(-) screw that is just behind the trigger opposite the checkered side of the mag release,

Using the long prong of the sear spring or a small regular(-) screwdriver press the screw in and 1/4 turn ccw DON'T FORCE IT it will go very easily. If it doesn't you're not pushing it in far enough. once you have done this turn the frame over and let the mag release slide out.

Now you can remove the actual trigger and you have an empty frame

Reassembly of the Replica is the exact opposite of breakdown and there are no real tricks along the way

Good luck and happy shooting
    Last edited by Mobius1; 26th March 2009 at 22:46.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you Sir, that's a really informative post.

Can you point out the major differences between this and the dissassembly of the TM 1911s (and 2011s), or are they too different to compare?

Thanks again
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    EDIT: Found it, We usually call the 2011s Hi Capas.

Really the only difference between the 1911 and 2011 is that its a doublestack and features a polymer lower. Everything still fits together pretty much the same. Ill do a more extensive writeup when I have some more time.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 27th March 2009 at 13:07. Reason: correction

Posts liked by others
    I just realised you wrote up on the WE, not WA, silly me!

So, the WE and the TMs are stripped down in the same way?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    they're close but not the same... The WE has it all built into the frame whereas the TM has a drop in assembly that is metal.

aside from that yes they're pretty much the same