Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Fathers Day

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hornady EZ-ject discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Hornady EZ-ject discussion thread

You may use this thread to discuss the Hornady EZ-ject review, as it appears in our E-zine.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Nice review, Hunter!

Too bad the old shell plate won't work with the new system, I have all of them already and the new system looks like something I'd like to consider, but I really didn't want to have to buy more new parts. I guess I just might have to. How do you make the changeover? Is it a DIY or a send it to the factory improvement?
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member
    Last edited by daveohno; 17th March 2009 at 16:08.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daveohno
    Nice review, Hunter!

Too bad the old shell plate won't work with the new system, I have all of them already and the new system looks like something I'd like to consider, but I really didn't want to have to buy more new parts. I guess I just might have to.
    I think I read you could send your old style shellplates back to Hornady and they'd put the grooves in them needed to work with the new system. Might check with Hornady.

WyoBob

Posts liked by others
    The last I heard it was going to cost $100.00 to have Hornady change a LNL over to the new ejection system which included cutting two shell plates. Extra plates cost $10.00 each to cut. Nothing firm, just what I've read multiple places. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get my press "updated".

Posts liked by others
    Thank God I'm not retired yet!

I've often said that my reloading will start when I have the time, after retirement, and as long as Hornady keeps improving their press, and Hunter keeps giving us the "low-down", then I'll be set up, when the time comes.

Thanks for another great review, my friend!
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by SLM
    The last I heard it was going to cost $100.00 to have Hornady change a LNL over to the new ejection system which included cutting two shell plates. Extra plates cost $10.00 each to cut. Nothing firm, just what I've read multiple places. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get my press "updated".
    I decided not to make the change. Since modifying the 9mm shell plate, I've not had any problems. 45 and 38 Special's have always worked fine. It was the 9mm shellplate I had problems with the cases binding up on the ejection wire. A little "Dremel work" and the 9mm shell plate is fine.

WyoBob

Posts liked by others
    I could make all of the changes in my home shop.....except fot that dadgum "warranty" word.

I suspect that any non factory mods would void it.

Don

Posts liked by others
    Hey Huntetr!!!

How about posting a "link" to the review. I'm not very good on the Ol' PC and couldn't find it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posts liked by others

Dumb me figured it out!!!

That was a great review Hunter. But truthfully, all you did was make me in a hurry to get my conversion kit that I ordered 3 weeks ago. Any word on how production is going?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posts liked by others
    I ordered that press Dec 28th and it took about a month for it to arrive...but I love it.

My only complaint is that the shell plate that I ordered from Cabelas for the .45 doesn't work all that well with the ezject. It will spit out maybe 1 out of 5 rounds smoothly, otherwise I have to grab it off of there.

I think that there is a dedicated plate for the .45acp now vs. the 'multi caliber' one.
    (don't quote me but i think for the .45 shell plate #45 is what you want, i have #1 which works for the time being, but not as smooth)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast