Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What Do You Guys Carry?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    SOG Powerlock. WAY more grip power than any other multitool on the market. I have broken two Gerbers and one Leatherman. In all cases the plier snapped off close to the axis. As well as breaking tools on them. Both companies are great about replacing tools that have been broken, but I don't want to replace it. I want it to not break. I think for 90 percent of the people out there, Leatherman or a similar quality will be fine, but for people who really hammer on their tools (in some cases literally), buy a SOG. I know I engage in tool abuse, but until the People for the Ethical Treatment of Tools form I'm happy with my ways.

I also like the tool selection on the SOG. The 1/4 socket driver is great. The built in crimp tool has saved numerous trips to the tool box. And the "wire cutters" I have used to cut up to 1/4 In galvanized steel bolts (it wasn't easy, and I'm sure I made a funny picture standing there using both hands pulling on one side of the grip with the other braced against my sternum. The ends of the bolt shot off like bullets). I've broken tools on it a number of times, but SOG always takes care of it. I lost one in a theater once, and SOG gave me a new one for 1/2 price. I don't know if they'd do it again, but it was a very nice gesture to a loyal customer. For what it's worth, I aslo have several of their knives, and like them as a good quality for regular production company.

Matt
    Last edited by Matthew Hutchins; 7th April 2008 at 03:12.

Posts liked by others
    I use Leatherman exclusivley . I have a Leatherman Fuse and an original Leatherman.
    I have broken both of them and sent them back and they both came back as good as new.
    I had a Bucklite multi tool that had an unfortunate encounter w/ a 9mm round(I left on the back stop of my private range!)but it was a decent tool but I do like my Leathermans
    alot and I always have one with me.
    Tac

Posts liked by others
    Original Leatherman that my mom found while she was walking. pretty good shape too, outside is a bit pitted/beat up looking, but all tools are good shape and functional. Cant beat free!
    Last edited by woodchuck315; 21st May 2008 at 01:03.

Posts liked by others
    Everyday. Leatherman "micra".
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    GERBER DIESEL all the way.

Posts liked by others
    I have a Victorinox CyberTool in my computer bag, handy when fixing computers..
    http://www.victorinox.com/index.cfm?...age=349&lang=E

and a Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit in my range bag..
    http://www.victorinox.com/index.cfm?...age=193&lang=E

/Niklas
    Last edited by Niklas_s; 13th March 2009 at 13:53.

Posts liked by others
    I have a Swiss Tool Spirit that I modified with a Leatherman pocket clip. I've had this thing for about 2 years now, and use it almost everyday (I'm a sign maker). I would choose this over any Leatherman anyday. It is solid and the design is flawless. The only negative about it is that it doesn't have a pointed plain edge blade. I carry a Spyderco Mini Manix though, so I don't miss that on the Spirit at all.

I also have the full size Swiss Tool, but prefer the Spirit for EDC.

Posts liked by others
    I usually have somewhere on me a good 'ol fashioned Swiss Army camping knife that I've had since I was 10.

I also carry a CRKT M18-14KE and the original Leatherman since between those three, I can do just about anything I need to do outdoors and anywhere really.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567