Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Guys Carry?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

What Do You Guys Carry?

Hi Guys,

I have carried my Leatherman Tool for quite sometime now and i think it is about time that i leave my trusty tool at home. What do you guys carry?
    I am currently looking for a new tool to replace my Leatherman, hope you can help. Thanks

Posts liked by others
    I can't seem to get away from Leatherman. I have two Supertools in addition to a Buck (I forgot what the model is called). The Buck stays in my truck, one Supertool is in my gear bag at work, and the other Supertool stays in the house. So basically I have a tool everywhere I go.

Posts liked by others
    Switched from a SAK to a Leatherman in '91, when the Air Farce was kind enough to issue me one.

Dabbled with Gerber (broke two, love the slide action pliers, hate the tools), Victorinex (sure are pretty, but too....thick...and the pliers are sub-par). Broke a SOG.

Went back to Tim's stuff. Tried the Wave, hated it. Liked the Micra enough to put one in my truck's console, one in my jacket pocket, and one more in my winter jacket's pocket.

Carry a Leatherman Supertool (EOD model) in uniform. Have another Supertool in the door of the truck. Have another Supertool in my USPSA range bag. Have a regular Leatherman in my SASS range bag (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Have one more Supertool in the big toolbox in the back of my pickup, and come to think of it, that Wave is in the passenger side truck door.

Good thing I'm a dealer, or I'd be (more) broke.

Alex

Posts liked by others
    I like the Wave -- been carrying one for a while now. I've always liked the Leatherman stuff, and the one time I sent my Supertool back because the tiny screwdriver broke, they fixed it, lubed it, sharpened the blades, and sent it back at no cost.

I find the Wave most comfortable. I like the outside locking blades for single-handed opening, and the rounded edges make using it as pliers very easy, plus it's got the best scissors I've yet to find on a multi-tool or knife.

-Adam

Posts liked by others
    For normal day to day I carry my Leatherman PST. When I am at work, it is the Leatherman SuperTool 200.

Posts liked by others

Red face

Every time I get one of those nifty tools, My son or my girlfriends son end up with it. Little S#17$. Actually they aren't little. Both around 6 feet tall, One in the Army and the other a Welder, I have no choice but to hand it over

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    This is an idea I've been thinking around for long time.

Now, we all know that the M-1911 is the most well-sold pistol, all over the world. And we all know that every M-1911 pistol owner, has at least a bushing wrench for those moment when ... you know.

Now, not one of those multitools comes with a bushing wrench included, although it is nothing difficult and it even can be retrofitted to some of them. For example, in the Wave, you could easily remove one of the tools you do not need (I think the can opener is a good candidate, most cans today come with an easy-open device) and replace it with the bushing wrench.

Don't start yelling that a full bushing wrench does not fit in the handles, it does not have to be a full wrench, only half of it would be enough.

Have a look at the pictures below:

I think Caspian has announced a multitool which will include a bushing wrench, but I still haven't seen it.

Rgds
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Cool

Good idea John. so the wrench would look like a hook instead of a full barrel bushing wrench?
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Well, yes. If you notice the picture with the can opener, of you file down the sharp part to make it round so that it fits on the upper area of the bushing, and also if you make the hook on the right a bit small, enough to depress the recoil spring plug, you have a very nice bushing wrench. You just have to flip it around, to screw or unscrew the bushing.

OK, if someone wants to produce it, I want royalties. LoL

Rgds

P.S. : re. your signature, as a friend in NH says, the perfect perfume for the man, Hoppe's No 9.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    i have a chinese copy of a multitool lets see what i can do with a dremel tool and a can opener.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast