Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To All Our Windows/Firefox Members

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rekladan
    .....The only other thing I've noticed that bugs me a little is when I take too long writing a post, and hit the 'post reply' buttom after I have timed out. I'm prompted to log in, and then another page tells me that I'm trying to make a post at an old page. I get around this by hitting the 'back' button until I'm back at the page I wrote the post in, and hit the 'post reply' button again.

Actually, leave that last one unresolved, I need to learn to blab less anyway...
    The area where you log in, there should be a 'remember me' tick box.
    Then allow your browser to accept cookies from this site.

This is what saves me from logging in all the time...

Might help you...
    Johnny

I miss America
    Sent from my keyboard using hunt-n-peck...
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA
    Last edited by Pappy; 12th February 2009 at 09:56. Reason: mis-worded

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Spyro, what Pappy said. Next time you log in, remember to check the "Remember me" checkbox. That will make the system remember you, you will never have to log in again. And it will also re-log you in, when your session expires, like when typing a long answer.

One thing to remember, if you ever use that checkbox from a public computer, make sure that you log out when you are done. If you do not, the next person who would sit down on that computer, will be able to come in here, and post whatever he/she wants, as if he were you.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I already logged myself out and back in, ticked the box and it solved my problem! Thanks - I generally avoid ticking "remember me" boxes, as an old habit from when I relied on public (university) computers, and since I don't like setting up my PC to request a password on start-up.

Don't worry, I am, if anything, almost paranoid when I log in anywhere on a public PC these days!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    One thing to remember, if you ever use that checkbox from a public computer, make sure that you log out when you are done. If you do not, the next person who would sit down on that computer, will be able to come in here, and post whatever he/she wants, as if he were you.
    Gee! If I thought about that, I could have blamed someone else for the mistake I made. Oh well! I'll use that excuse next time!

Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12