Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kramer Holsters review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Kramer Holsters review discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss the review of the Kramer Leather holsters, as published in our E-zine.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon,

Thank you for a very comprehensive look at the three Kramer holsters which Will sent you.

Shortly after Kramer Handgun Leather became a banner sponsor, I ordered one of their horsehide Belt Scabbards for a Smith & Wesson 3 inch barreled Model 686 Plus revolver. While I'm well aware that this discussion is about 1911 holsters, I can assure you the fit of my holster was everything you described in your review. I am very pleased with everything about my Kramer holster.

Thanks again for a great review of some exceptional products!
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Good reviews of the Kramer holsters. I have to tell you I really like my Kramer holsters. I currently have two and one on the way. Will is a pleasure to do business with and he made several suggestions to me via email on a holster he is doing for me. Great product and good delivery times.

Posts liked by others

Icon17 Well Done

Nice job with the Kramer Holsters review. I'm very pleased with my three Kramers, a very good product with very good delivery time.

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon,

Thanks for the review and pictures, well done. I like the looks of the Vertical Scabbard, just like Kramer has on his home page. Do you think the "FBI cant" aids in concealment, or does the 15 degrees make any difference?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ
    Hawkmoon,

Thanks for the review and pictures, well done. I like the looks of the Vertical Scabbard, just like Kramer has on his home page. Do you think the "FBI cant" aids in concealment, or does the 15 degrees make any difference?
    The FBI cant will tip the grip portion of the frame up a bit closer to vertical, which would be of some benefit to concealment. I think more important with this holster is that the location of the forward belt loop on the back of the holster, directly behind the pistol, positions the slide portion slightly outward and that has the effect of "twisting" the magwell portion of the grip in, closer to the body. That's perhaps more of an aid in concealment than the tilt.

I think the tilt is more of an aid in making it faster to draw and present, compared to a perfectly vertical position.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Great review! Kramer holsters are definitely top notch.

My first holster was a Kramer IWB #3, for a Sig P220. Excellent fitting and quality. Incredibly comfortable. Very sturdy. No flop. The fit is tight and secure, but it is not difficult to draw.

This holster really does rival my Milt Sparks VM II.

I only wish I could afford more!

Posts liked by others
    My two favorite holsters are the "Askins/Nelson" style, with FBI cant, of which your Vertical Scabbard is an example, and the Kramer IWB #3 variation on the Summer Special theme. I've used both styles in competition, and the #3 for concealed carry. Although you don't see much of the #3 when it's on the belt, mine is a very good match for my Mernickle fancy stitched belt, and I really don't like to hide either under a jacket! Kramer is just down the road from me, and they have been a very generous sponsor of our annual sanctioned IDPA match, so I have to give them kudos, all the way 'round.
    "A grip safety is just another excess moving part. I have never known one to prevent an accident, and moreover, it is difficult to postulate a circumstance in which it might." Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others

Top Shelf

I carry an all-steel (one of these days I'm gonna force myself to buy an aluminum frame for carry) 5" 1911 in my Kramer #2 Horsehide, very strong holster, the pistol doesn't move or droop at all. I like my pistol riding low, grip close to my belt, with only a very slight cant, so the #2 is more to my liking. But I do know a lot of people prefer the higher-ride, more cant, grip closer to the body style of the #3.
    Whichever, Kramer products are top-shelf.
    Jim

Posts liked by others
    I have had several Kramer holsters over the years. All have been first quality and the company is a pleasure to do business with.

All of my Kramers have been horsehide. Despite their stiffness, breakin is a breeze and they will last several lifetimes. Well worth the money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast