Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Norinco Research

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by horse 91-A1
    Kaboom, I don't have a problem with Norinco as I've bought a Norinco 870 clone and the workmanship has increased compared to pre-ban days. In a side by side comparison with a Mossberg; I felt the Norinco action was quite a bit smoother and quicker to the shoulder (sights); plus I can use Remington 870 accessories. Cost of the Norinco, plus a lifetime warranty by Davidson's was too enticing to pass up; so I understand the issue of cost and quality.

I also have a M1991 Colt combat/target in matte stainless that's a great shooter and feeds different types of ammo from a number of different brands of magazines - including 70's era GI surplus. It's fast, very accurate and all I could ask for in a pistol even when I stack different types of bullets in the same mag. I chose the Colt over two Kimbers the salesman was trying to sell me because of its workmanship and smoothness of the action. When a person states one brand outshoots all guns of another brand is when I tend to respond.

So what is my everyday carry? This is a very rural part of Arizona with wide valleys and mountains and being retired and an outdoor person; I enjoy being in the mountains. Since this is very rural, we have high concentrations of black bear and mountain lions; some groups of feral dogs and a once in awhile ornery charging javelina. Black bear and mountain lion can usually be scared off and really don't present that much of a problem if encountered; however, it's always best to be prepared for worst case scenario. I carry a Glock 20, full size frame in 10mm which is a very overlooked cartridge. I can handload 40 S&W velocities if I choose or load the 10 to its potential. For personal protection I load for potential in 180gr Gold Dot or Golden Saber. For trail I'm loading 200gr XTP's for extra penetration. All I have to do is change out one double stack mag for the other depending on where I'm at. The .45acp simply doesn't give me that kind of versatility, especially in the 100 yard range.

Guns are just tools for a given application and I've read enough posts about the Norinco 1911 to know it's a quality piece and if a person wanted to store several 1911's throughout their residence for home protection then the Norinco is a strong possibility.

Within the home defense setting the 1911's are hard to beat; they point naturally, good absorption of recoil (left or right handed) and the triggers are exceptionally fast. Now if Norinco made a long slide 1911 in 10mm it would be a no brainer.

Sorry for being so long winded; slow night.

Adios,
    Bob
    hey maybe you could answer a question of mine. Im currently shopping for a 870 Norinco Lawman 14 inch barrel 12 gauge. Im buying it mail order. Is your version the 14 inch lawman type pump? Is the finish parkerized or something in between? The company im buying if off of is far away and hasnt been able to get me a pic, but the price is right. Any info on what you have would be great.

Yeah almost bought the 20 alittle while back. Like the cartridge alot, its serioulsy underated. I am use to a 17 though and was suprised by how thick those grips are on the 20. Up here legally for home defense im limited to like probably just a baseball bat..and that is with a baseball present if you get my meaning. Unfortunately our law is such that it is illegal to buy a firearm for home defense. Well dont want to get into politics so Ill leave it at that. Didnt mean to generalize as those posts are ussually the worst..But have been happy with what I bought. Its to bad they arent available more easily in the US, I think they could sell alot of them. A friend of mine is buying the AR15 copy. Other than an odd hand grip its about the same. And is really cheap. WE get charge a major premium up here, everything is overpriced. My USP I bought a few weeks back I got on sale for $1350 or about $1125 in your dollars.

Posts liked by others
    http://www.norincosports.cn/detail_product_English.jsp?productid=34&cssid=1

I hope this link will help give you an idea of what the 870 clone looks like. I have the Hawk Model 98 which isn't even listed - it has the front hi-vis sight which I believe is quicker than the ghost sights. I think the matte black finish on metal parts may be some type of parkerizing.... I only have about 75 rounds through mine; it's accurate and groups well - shot recovery time from the strong shoulder is good with my body mass.

In the states, w/o having to go through a lot of federal paperwork, expense, and using a class III dealer; minimum length shotgun barrels are 18 inches, rifle 16 inches.

Adios,
    Bob
    NRA Life Member since '67

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
    Napoleon

Posts liked by others
    My first post..

Info for the collective good.

Model: Norinco 1911A1 Government
    Finish: Parkerized slide, black (blued?) receiver
    Importer Marks: Made In China By Norinco. C.S.I. ONT. CA. (left side)
    Serial Number: 415XXX (right side)
    Lanyard: Present (to be removed later)
    Sights: 2 dot rear, blade front (both to be changed later)
    Cost and Date of purchase: $279.99+tax, 2nd half of 1993.
    Grips: factory brown plastic (was changed long ago to wraparound rubber)

I've made a few changes to it over they years. Many more changes to come as I get money.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334
    My first post..

Info for the collective good.

Model: Norinco 1911A1 Government
    Finish: Parkerized slide, black (blued?) receiver
    Importer Marks: Made In China By Norinco. C.S.I. ONT. CA. (left side)
    Serial Number: 415XXX (right side)
    Lanyard: Present (to be removed later)
    Sights: 2 dot rear, blade front (both to be changed later)
    Cost and Date of purchase: $279.99+tax, 2nd half of 1993.
    Grips: factory brown plastic (was changed long ago to wraparound rubber)

I've made a few changes to it over they years. Many more changes to come as I get money.
    It's your first post, so you are not aware that we have a very strict rule here. When you describe your gun .....

John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's your first post, so you are not aware that we have a very strict rule here. When you describe your gun .....

As soon as 2 parts come in this week, and then installed-then I'll pop up a couple pics for all in another thread.

Posts liked by others
    Left side slide : CSI ONT CA 100xxx MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO
    Right side slide : MOD. 1911A1 CAL. .45ACP
    Left side frame : 100xxx
    Has lanyard loop on MSH.
    There is No Norinco emblem on the slide.
    Finish is a very blotchy blue.
    There are some tool marks on the edges of the rounded top of the slide.
    Came with brown plastic grips that are now long gone.
    Have the box and original accerssories.
    Was bought used in 1997.
    Forgot to mention that all markings appear to be engraved or etched except for the serial numbers which are stamped.
    Last edited by Walt175; 20th October 2005 at 14:17.

Posts liked by others

1911A1 Norinco Compact .45 NIB

SERIAL NO. 200XXX, located on Right Side of Slide & Frame and Last Four Digits on the bottom of barrel.

Left side of Slide: MODEL OF THE 1911A1 COMPACT
    Left side of Frame: MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO

Right side of Frame: S. S. I. ONT. CA
    Arched Main Spring Housing, no loop
    Blued Finish

This pistol came thru dry as a bone, not a drop of oil (or rust/corrosion) anywhere, just as in the pic. Pistol was in Factory Plastic (opened) and did come with all accessories, two mags, bore brush, clearing rod, black plastic molded box and cardboard sleeve. Only thing missing was the instruction manual.

This (NIB) one will remain stock unfired as a safe queen. Really could not pass up on the purchase and not easy to do with this time of year with the holidays and all.

Now to pick one of the others for some slight mods after the xmas bills and taxes are paid.

This is now my fourth Norinco (one GM blue s/n 608xxx), and third Compact (all in the 200,xxx range).

I have to say thanks to the folks in the forums and to care-less, he is the one who got me started with Norinco's a year ago with the NIB find of the GM's in FL. Compact's are a little harder to come by, however they are out there. This is my first NIB and it will probably stay that way as I can now have a few mods done to one that already has a barrel changed out.

Regards, Rich W
    Last edited by raw52; 21st December 2005 at 13:40. Reason: New Pic's & text added

Posts liked by others
    Raw52

I've deleted my posts.

Ric4509

Posts liked by others
    Left side frame: "MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO. C.S.I. ONT. CA."

S/N 528,XXX Finish- blued Has lanyard loop. Government size.

Purchased NIB at Columbus OH gun show on 12/31/05. poppy

Posts liked by others
    Government model, blued, lanyard loop, CSI SN 4220XX

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast