Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Norinco Research

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Jim, I know you are doing research on the M1911's; are you also interested in researchnig Norinco Rem 870 clones? I just bought one Friday - about $230US and it seems very stout. These shotguns may be standard army issue - not sure on that point. I actually liked the fit and handling better than either Mossberg I handled - plus it's a lot cheaper than the Rem 11-87 I was thinking of. We had too much lightening yesterday to give it a workout.

I had no idea Norinco frames and slides were used in upper end mods - speaks volumes for their metallurgy.

Adios,
    Bob
    NRA Life Member since '67

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
    Napoleon

Posts liked by others

Jane Fonda owns a Norinco!

I can't believe the moderators even tolerate this thread. I can't tolerate myself for even taking time out to read it... Americans buying pistols from a Chinese state run arms maker... What next? Alcohol free beer,
    decaffinated coffee and sugar free apple pie. **** in a hand basket I tell you!

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Why should the moderators get involved in this?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by singlestack00
    I can't believe the moderators even tolerate this thread. I can't tolerate myself for even taking time out to read it... Americans buying pistols from a Chinese state run arms maker... What next? Alcohol free beer,
    decaffinated coffee and sugar free apple pie. **** in a hand basket I tell you!
    This forum exists to discuss 1911 firearms, and this forum has a rule prohibiting discussion of politics. Since the thread in general is on the subject of a brand of 1911 firearm, the thread is not the problem.

Your post appears rather political, and is thus rather pushing the limit of being acceptable.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    It appears to me that those who own Norinco have a faithful following for a product that's reliable. Last I knew, this was an international forum.

Sure you can trust the American government, ask any Indian!

Adios,
    Bob

Napoleon

Posts liked by others
    Hope this is not too late -

Left side of slide - MODEL OF THE 1911A1 - Logo - 45 AUTOMATIC
    Left side of dust cover - MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO, C.S.I. ONT. CA.
    S/N - 400XXX
    Blue, Government, and with lanyard.

Posts liked by others
    Gotta look up my number

anyways

Government 5 inch
    Parkerized
    Orange 3 dot factory sights
    Lanyard loop
    Brown plastic grips

Actually compared to others Ive seen, fit and finish is much better..no slide slop..accuracy is superior to any out of the box colt..this comes from gunsmiths and colt fans who have shot it..barrel quality exceptional..ive had it almost 12 years..only mods..wilson mags..factory ones is alittle weak..and some pachmayr grips.. The slide is tight, everything is good..Ive put maybe 3000 plus rounds of like 230 ball through it..no issues.

Read the above post that was negative about the manufacturer...who cares..colts are overpriced and sloppy..springfields and kimbers are nice..but to pricey..

I remember when I bought it years ago.I was like the first in my area...many laughed and were skeptical...get a good one and try it..youll like it..

My other pistols are HK and Glocks

Posts liked by others
    Actually compared to others Ive seen, fit and finish is much better..no slide slop..accuracy is superior to any out of the box colt
    So, how many thousands of Colts and Norincos have you personally fired to make such a statement? What are your group sizes and fps of various JHP's (185, 200, 230gr etc) at 25 and 50 yards that are considered good home defense loads? Do you handload or use over the shelf bought ammo? What is your favorite combination?

Adios,
    Bob

Napoleon

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by horse 91-A1
    So, how many thousands of Colts and Norincos have you personally fired to make such a statement? What are your group sizes and fps of various JHP's (185, 200, 230gr etc) at 25 and 50 yards that are considered good home defense loads? Do you handload or use over the shelf bought ammo? What is your favorite combination?

Adios,
    Bob
    on fit an finish im comparing to other norincos. Yes I have seen dozens> at my range these days they are very popular. Yes Ive seen lots of colts..

Consider though that Norinco used colt blueprints/drawings to make their version as a trade from Colt in agreement to discontinuing manufacture of AR15 copies (Cq311).

The Norincos I have seen have been from good to average in build quality, im not sure why but alot of the Blued ones Ive seen have had some slide slop.

Frankly up here, Colt is overpriced for what you get. At 5-6 times the price difference or even 8-9 time depending on model..where is the dollar value? true my version has crude sights..but whats another 100 bucks in upgrades.

Accuracy, I base my comment on how others, some high ranked IPSC members have shot with it.I have had several gunsmiths when I first got it and comment that the barrel metal quality appeared superior to the colt. This from somethign that came in a cheap unlabelled cardboard box with small cheap brush. My shooting is average to good. I am not exceptional. I shoot reloads, factory etc. Do not shoot factory holopoints as they are not available here. Mainly just ball ammo. Over 200s etc.

Frankly for home defense I prefer the USP.

When I first got my Norinco, I was only so so on it. I would argue that if you shot it, you would like it. Accuracy is good. Never have feed issues. Factory mag is weak and didnt last though. Otherwise no issues. Mine is particularily old, It has alot of ammo through it, and has been used by many at my range.

I am not slamming colt..I just think that for the money..in the case of colt..you dont get what you pay for. I have some very expensive pistols, but If I ever was to pay about $1800 Canadian for one..it wouldnt be a Colt. A Springfield maybe..or something similar.

I think if it didnt say made in China on the side...there would be alot more fans..that and the fact that its hard to buy them in the US for the most part.

Maybe if it was made in Germany you might buy one? I dunno. Im gonna end with saying I like 45s alot..always have and always will....my particular pistol is very accurate...it is very well built and represents a very high dollar value for the money. At the time I paid $400 for it, this from an overpriced gun shop. To bad you couldnt try it out and make up your own mind.

Posts liked by others
    Kaboom, I don't have a problem with Norinco as I've bought a Norinco 870 clone and the workmanship has increased compared to pre-ban days. In a side by side comparison with a Mossberg; I felt the Norinco action was quite a bit smoother and quicker to the shoulder (sights); plus I can use Remington 870 accessories. Cost of the Norinco, plus a lifetime warranty by Davidson's was too enticing to pass up; so I understand the issue of cost and quality.

I also have a M1991 Colt combat/target in matte stainless that's a great shooter and feeds different types of ammo from a number of different brands of magazines - including 70's era GI surplus. It's fast, very accurate and all I could ask for in a pistol even when I stack different types of bullets in the same mag. I chose the Colt over two Kimbers the salesman was trying to sell me because of its workmanship and smoothness of the action. When a person states one brand outshoots all guns of another brand is when I tend to respond.

So what is my everyday carry? This is a very rural part of Arizona with wide valleys and mountains and being retired and an outdoor person; I enjoy being in the mountains. Since this is very rural, we have high concentrations of black bear and mountain lions; some groups of feral dogs and a once in awhile ornery charging javelina. Black bear and mountain lion can usually be scared off and really don't present that much of a problem if encountered; however, it's always best to be prepared for worst case scenario. I carry a Glock 20, full size frame in 10mm which is a very overlooked cartridge. I can handload 40 S&W velocities if I choose or load the 10 to its potential. For personal protection I load for potential in 180gr Gold Dot or Golden Saber. For trail I'm loading 200gr XTP's for extra penetration. All I have to do is change out one double stack mag for the other depending on where I'm at. The .45acp simply doesn't give me that kind of versatility, especially in the 100 yard range.

Guns are just tools for a given application and I've read enough posts about the Norinco 1911 to know it's a quality piece and if a person wanted to store several 1911's throughout their residence for home protection then the Norinco is a strong possibility.

Within the home defense setting the 1911's are hard to beat; they point naturally, good absorption of recoil (left or right handed) and the triggers are exceptionally fast. Now if Norinco made a long slide 1911 in 10mm it would be a no brainer.

Sorry for being so long winded; slow night.

Adios,
    Bob

Napoleon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast