Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Can you reload these?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Can you reload these?

I have no idea how to reload nor do I have the time to start. So I'm selling any brass I shoot or find. What that being said, can someone reload brass in this condition? Does the brass have to be perfectly round? I have a thousands rounds of .45 acp that I want to sell here soon but I don't want to cheat anyone. The round on the far right is in perfect shape, I just added for reference.

EDIT: No all thousand is like this, just a few.

Posts liked by others
    Yep, they're shootable as long as they're not cracked or corroded.

The sizing die will round them out, and the expanding plug will finish the job.

Have at it.

Posts liked by others
    thank you, I'll put them up for sale ak-47

WILDCATT Guest

brass

I bought 50 lb of brass in a scrap yd that came from NG range.all had a ding in mouth.thats from the gov 45s when ejected thats why the relieve th port.

Posts liked by others
    The only real case damage you have to worry about is when they look like this

Slightly dented walls aren't a problem. I have crumpled some what were so bad I should have thought twice about running them through the dies, but about 99% of them straighten up nicely.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayback
    The only real case damage you have to worry about is when they look like this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/DSCN0348.jpg
    Those are two of the worst-looking cases I've ever seen!

What (if you'll excuse my morbid curiosity) caused the damage?

Cheers

Posts liked by others
    I'll take a guess.

The loads were too light, and failed to eject. They got crunched when the slide closed on them.

That's my guess, anyway.

Posts liked by others
    How about mis-aligned when reloading????
    Johnny

I miss America
    Sent from my keyboard using hunt-n-peck...
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA