Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Charles Daly firearms warranty

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Charles Daly firearms warranty

Charles Daly firearms are covered by our Lifetime Repair Policy. Here is a link to the warranty on the CD website. If you have any further questions you can call us (toll free) at 866-DalySvc or post in this thread.
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Posts liked by others

Michael: I have an older (2004) CD ECS pistol in .45ACP.

I would like to buy spare recoil spring and plunger assemblies. Are these parts still available from Daly since my gun is made by Armscor, and no longer carred by your company.

Thanks for any help.

mark

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dogngun
    I would like to buy spare recoil spring and plunger assemblies. Are these parts still available from Daly since my gun is made by Armscor, and no longer carred by your company.

Thanks for any help.

mark
    Yes they are still available from Charles Daly. Contact our Customer Service Department (toll free) at 866-DalySvc, M-F, 8:00AM to 4:30PM eastern time.

Have your serial number ready when you place your order as we will only sell parts to confirmed original owners of Daly/Armscor pistols.

You might want to wait until a part actually breaks, as then you would be covered under our Lifetime Repair Policy with no charge to you. However, if you want to buy spare parts then we have to stick to the above policy.

Feel free to call with any questions at any time.

Sincerely,
    K.B.I., Inc.

Posts liked by others
    please be aware that the "warranty" only applies to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER! If you have the misfortune to get a used one, or didn't register it when you bought it,

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY AT ALL!!!! beware of the fine print

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehenry
    please be aware that the "warranty" only applies to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER! If you have the misfortune to get a used one, or didn't register it when you bought it,

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY AT ALL!!!! beware of the fine print
    stevehenry, if you have ever been denied warranty coverage because you didn't register a firearm with us, i would like to know about it. Please PM me with any details of such an occurrence. That should not happen with our Service Department.
    K.B.I., Inc.

Posts liked by others

Unhappy Warranty Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Daly
    stevehenry, if you have ever been denied warranty coverage because you didn't register a firearm with us, i would like to know about it. Please PM me with any details of such an occurrence. That should not happen with our Service Department.
    I saw this post and thought that I would make sure that this is true. In 2004 I bought a ECS. On Saturday I was shooting to qualify for conceal carry and my gun malfunctioned. After further inspection I found that the inner spring disappeared. I assume that it broke and went everywhere, but I could not find any sign of it. Thus, I could not finish my round. I was able to borrow a gun to finish the course, but i was disappointed that i could not shot my ECS. I called the number that you gave earlier and was told that this gun was not under warranty because I failed to register it. I am told that the replacement part does not come separately only as a unit. This unit costs $30 plus shipping. What is the best course of action for my problem.

Sincerely,
    Nathan

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebone
    After further inspection I found that the inner spring disappeared.
    Sincerely,
    Nathan
    Really curious, what "inner spring" are you referring too?
    Proud NRA Member
    Protect your rights, join the NRA today.
    http://www.nra.org

Posts liked by others

Inner spring

On my ECS there are two springs on the guide rod. One is bigger than the other. The smaller of the two is gone. Part number is 4517 D CS.