Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Charles Daly sights dovetail dimensions

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Charles Daly sights dovetail dimensions

Any idea what 1911 sights are compatable with a Charles Daly 1911 EFS? I simply want to replace my front with a white dot, but I prefer no dot in the rear.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyO
    Any idea what 1911 sights are compatable with a Charles Daly 1911 EFS? I simply want to replace my front with a white dot, but I prefer no dot in the rear.
    I'm not sure what sights are compatible, but I can direct you to a post on our forum where the dovetail dimensions are shown, These should at least steer you in the right direction. See the dovetail drawings CD Dovetail Dimensions .

I hope this helps!
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Michael. Great job you are doing BTW for Charles Daly.

When will you annonce who CD has gone with for their 1911's. I saw OCT was when the product line will roll out. Will there be more info released before then?

Also, is the EFS actually blue or some sort of coating/parkerizing?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyO
    Thanks Michael. Great job you are doing BTW for Charles Daly.

When will you annonce who CD has gone with for their 1911's. I saw OCT was when the product line will roll out. Will there be more info released before then?

Also, is the EFS actually blue or some sort of coating/parkerizing?
    DaddyO, we will announce our vendor for the new 1911's in just a few days. October could turn into November though. Everything seems to take longer than projected any more.

The EFS made by Armscor is supposed to be blued. We are investigating reports that some other kind of coating may have been used in the production a few years ago.

Thanks for the kind compliment.

Sincerely,
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.