Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guns and Knives Picture Thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Here's my Case Seahorse Whittler plus a couple more knives , my two Leatherman multipurpose tools and all the blades are razor sharp . Plus the Nighthawk Talon and Predator . As you can see I'm a horrible photographer .

Focus on the positive while dealing positively with the negative.
    Hawkmoon - 19th August 2008

Posts liked by others

That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I have too many knives (about 20 of them) and too few guns, so I'll just admire what you guys will post.
    John - I have about 300 knives and only 80 guns....

Ruger SP101 and Fred Rowe Twisted Damascus Utility Knife

I'll post more later....

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cwo4uscgret
    John - I have about 300 knives and only 80 guns....I'll post more later....
    Wow !

I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection . How many years did it take you to accumulate them ?

Posts liked by others

Knives

I met my last wife a just before I retired from the Coast Guard (we met in late 1999 and I retired in 2001). She is a Scrimshander and did scrimshaw on custom knives, money clips, and other items that had ivory or micarta surfaces. When we returned to Ohio after I retired we started going to local gun and knife shows to try to generate some business for her. At first I went just to help her (I would "work" the room carry some of her work in my hands and go show the knifemakers her skills. It was pretty boring in the beginning for me; so I began to buy a few knives, mainly on E-Bay, and although they weren't the best of the best knives at least they weren't the cheap Franklin Mint knives...Gradually, as I learned more about knives, I shifted from factory made to custom handmade knives. Eventually (she left me in 2006) I took over the table sith my custom knives that I was selling - surprisingly for a profit. It seems that I have been able to develop a knack for buying right. Actually I belong to the buy low, sell high club - you know you've seen it - someone just has to buy something, pays premium money for it, and 2 weeks later - they are trying to raise money for their next obsessive purchase and sell the original for a loss...I've been known to double, even triple my money on a knife purchase. I have a website now and while not overwhelmingly raking in the profits, I do manage to sell one or two knives once in a while. Here are some more gun/knife combos - enjoy!

Springfield 1911 Hi-Cap Government and Bark River Sandstorm

Colt 1970 era Combat Commander and DeltaZ stage handled lockback

Ruger Blackhawk .357, Ron Welling Hatchet, Bark River Spearpoint Bowie

H&K USP .40 Compact and Bark River Knife and Tool Northstar

These are called "The Bears" made by Ohio Maker Fred Rowe, Bethel Ridge Forge. A long clip bowie and a dagger; the dagger blade is 9-1/2" long; white tail deer crown stag, stabilized elder burl wood spacers and white brass trim. The guards are stabilized wood, sandwiched between wrought iron ovals. Scrimshaw of grizzly bears on the butts, and hand made sheaths by Sandy Morrissey.
    Last edited by cwo4uscgret; 29th July 2008 at 05:03.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cwo4uscgret
    I met my last wife a just before I retired from the Coast Guard (we met in late 1999 and I retired in 2001). She is a Scrimshander and did scrimshaw on custom knives, money clips, and other items that had ivory or micarta surfaces. When we returned to Ohio after I retired we started going to local gun and knife shows to try to generate some business for her. At first I went just to help her (I would "work" the room carry some of her work in my hands and go show the knifemakers her skills. It was pretty boring in the beginning for me; so I began to buy a few knives, mainly on E-Bay, and although they weren't the best of the best knives at least they weren't the cheap Franklin Mint knives...Gradually, as I learned more about knives, I shifted from factory made to custom handmade knives. Eventually (she left me in 2006) I took over the table sith my custom knives that I was selling - surprisingly for a profit. It seems that I have been able to develop a knack for buying right. Actually I belong to the buy low, sell high club - you know you've seen it - someone just has to buy something, pays premium money for it, and 2 weeks later - they are trying to raise money for their next obsessive purchase and sell the original for a loss...I've been known to double, even triple my money on a knife purchase. I have a website now and while not overwhelmingly raking in the profits, I do manage to sell one or two knives once in a while. Here are some more gun/knife combos - enjoy!

Springfield 1911 Hi-Cap Government and Bark River Sandstorm

Colt 1970 era Combat Commander and DeltaZ stage handled lockback

Ruger Blackhawk .357, Ron Welling Hatchet, Bark River Spearpoint Bowie

H&K USP .40 Compact and Bark River Knife and Tool Northstar

These are called "The Bears" made by Ohio Maker Fred Rowe, Bethel Ridge Forge. A long clip bowie and a dagger; the dagger blade is 9-1/2" long; white tail deer crown stag, stabilized elder burl wood spacers and white brass trim. The guards are stabilized wood, sandwiched between wrought iron ovals. Scrimshaw of grizzly bears on the butts, and hand made sheaths by Sandy Morrissey.
    Quite a history and some beautiful guns and especial knives . My eyes were attracted to the Hatchet too , it appears it would be a fearsome weapon in the right hands . Again thanks for sharing .

Posts liked by others
    Davis .38 Derringer, Spyderco Micro-Dyad, and a Zippo lighter...
    Mark K

Posts liked by others
    A Glock and a Glock...

Keep 'em coming, folks...
    Mark K
    Last edited by markk; 2nd August 2008 at 21:12.

Posts liked by others

Older 9mm Commander and one-off Busse Fighter

Lightweight Stainless .45 with 2005 Chicago Custom Show Badger Attack Recurve

Omega Long Slide Ported in 10mm with Anniversary Steel Heart 1

9mm Kurz (.380 ACP) PP Super with Anso Personal Drop Point in Damasteel with textured titanium bolsters

Bright Blue CZ-97B with custom utility knife from MarcinS (Polish knife maker)

.45 ACP P9S with Nill grips and Krein TK-2 EDC with jigged bone scales

Posts liked by others
    Hey rbmcmjr,
    Glad to see you over here, buddy.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Mark K

Posts liked by others
    Ultra CDP w/ Koskins one off knife. Like two peas in a pod.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast