Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk Custom Lady Hawk Review discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Nighthawk Custom Lady Hawk Review discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss the Nighthawk Lady Hawk we just reviewed in our E-zine.

Tnx
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 20th July 2008 at 05:34.

Posts liked by others
    wichaka,

A very nice review, with excellent photographs showing the various aspects of the Lady Hawk.

I found the ladies' opinions of the pistol to be quite interesting. I respect their practical approach to the things that would seem to increase the price of the pistol. While I have been most fortunate to have tested two different Nighthawk Custom guns, and loved little touches like the recessed and beveled crown of the barrel, I could not justify (to myself) the cost of owning such a fine handgun.

Very good review!
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Great review of the LadyHawk, Wichaka. I liked the approach of having it tested by the "intended" market group. I also like the girl's practical approach to streamlining the pistol's features (despite NHC's excellent craftsmanship).
    Thanks for the review.
    Eli

Posts liked by others
    Excellent review, Steve.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Nice review Steve!! A great idea to have the women shoot it considering it was designed for them. How much thinner are the grips, then a standard 9mm Colt Commander?

Aim small, Miss small

Posts liked by others
    Well done Steve.

I also believe the pistol would be more desirable if it came in a plain Jane version.

If NHC would build it to my specs, I might order one....

Larry, if you see this, please comment...Thank you.
    Johnny

I miss America
    Sent from my keyboard using hunt-n-peck...
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA

Posts liked by others
    Great reveiw, and nice pistol.

Wondering,
    Where your chrony groups from a rest or offhand?

Posts liked by others
    Great job Steve. I saw that pistol at the Nighthawk booth at the SHOT show and it looked to be very well built.
    I am a little jealous you got to test it but since you did such a fine job I won't be too upset
    Your idea of letting the ladies shoot the pistol was pretty insightful.

Posts liked by others
    I agree with the ladies, the gun is overstyled. Further, I do not like the use of Heinie trademarks. Heinie sights and small parts do not justify it. If Nighthawk is not a good enough brand name, shop elsewhere.

A 9mm pistol the size of a Colt Commander should have an aluminum frame; 27 ounces is plenty.

Posts liked by others
    (LADY HAWK Suggested retail - 2,895.00)... Great review Steve ... but this is the last pistol I would buy for my wife, for that kind of money I can get a FULL CUSTOM that will do 10 shot groups at 50 yards under 2"s and be totaly reliable. ladies shooting the pistol was very smart of you !!!
    Last edited by Lucho; 20th July 2008 at 13:12.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast