Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder holster review

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder holster review

Please use this thread to discuss the Tucker's Silent Thunder, a unique holster combining Kydex with leather.

Tnx
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Perfect timing 'Comandante - I am very seriously considering ordering one for my new Springer. I especially like the idea of the leather lining being easier on the pistol's finish than Kydex alone. I'd like to hear about the cant adjustment, the optional attachment features and any feedback on the IDPA 'Champion' model.

Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Posts liked by others
    Article can be found here http://ezine.m1911.org/tucker2.htm
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Just finished, excellent job, Don.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325
    Perfect timing 'Comandante - I am very seriously considering ordering one for my new Springer. I especially like the idea of the leather lining being easier on the pistol's finish than Kydex alone. I'd like to hear about the cant adjustment, the optional attachment features and any feedback on the IDPA 'Champion' model.

Regards,
    Well, I've been using my Champions in six matches so far. The first one came with the sweat shield and the second one came later without it. Since the sweat shield has become somewhat of an index point for me, I didn't think I'd like it without. After a few presentations, I think I like the Champion without the shield better.

I wrote that piece a while ago, before I'd shot so many matches with it. All I can say is, I like it better now than when I wrote the article. It's super smooth and fast, very rugged and solid on the belt. Another thing about all the Silent Thunders is the weight, or rather, lack thereof. They are whispy light and not even barely noticeable without a gun in them.

Sorry for being so general, but I'm happy to answer any more specific questions, if I can. Check out the pics in the article for details on the belt mounts.

Thanks, OD*. Greatly appreciated.
    Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info and a great article Ping!
    It appears that one of the benefits of the Champion is that it rides a bit lower for competition. Am I correct here?
    Does the Quick Mount and/or Standard Belt Mount ride higher by comparison? If so, would you recommend one of those options for concealed carry?
    Thanks for your input........................

Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Posts liked by others
    Don,

Excellent writing, outstanding photographs, and a genuine flair for what it takes to do a good review. My hat is off to you, sir.

Being a Tucker fan, I'm headed to his web site to check out prices and availability.

Thanks again.

Slim
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger325
    Thanks for the info and a great article Ping!
    It appears that one of the benefits of the Champion is that it rides a bit lower for competition. Am I correct here?
    Does the Quick Mount and/or Standard Belt Mount ride higher by comparison? If so, would you recommend one of those options for concealed carry?
    Thanks for your input........................

Regards,
    Ranger,
    You can get either the Quick Mount, or a belt attachment in a "Hi-Low" configuration. You can switch them for concealed carry as long as you don't order it with the "butt tucker option". Personally, Id suggest getting a Hi-Low Quick Mount for competition and a reversed Hi-Low (Low-Hi, lol) for carry. The Champion comes mounted in the Low position, as it should. It does ride "lower," but as it conforms to IDPA rules, I don't find it too low. So, yeah, you're correct in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    Don,

Excellent writing, outstanding photographs, and a genuine flair for what it takes to do a good review. My hat is off to you, sir.

Being a Tucker fan, I'm headed to his web site to check out prices and availability.

Thanks again.

Slim
    Steve,

Wow! That is mighty high praise coming from a wordsmith, such as you. Thank you, my friend. Much appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Based on these strong recommendations, I just ordered one. 2-3 weeks beats 6-8 months, thats for sure. We'll see how it works for me.

Thanks Ping for the great review.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider1965
    Based on these strong recommendations, I just ordered one. 2-3 weeks beats 6-8 months, thats for sure. We'll see how it works for me.

Thanks Ping for the great review.
    Just curious, which model did you order?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast