Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread of Tucker Gunleather Easy Reach Holster

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Discussion thread of Tucker Gunleather Easy Reach Holster

Please use this thread to discuss our review of Tucker Gunleather Easy Reach holster, as published in our E-zine.

Thanks Ping Ping for supplying M1911.ORG with this review.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 11th May 2008 at 05:11.

Posts liked by others
    Very well done, Ping. It is an interesting holster.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Well done Ping . Do they make a leather lined version? Do they make one for a rail? Inquiring minds want to know.

Posts liked by others
    Great review! If ever come to need a kydex holster, i'd give this one a try for sure.
    Eli

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Well done Ping . Do they make a leather lined version? Do they make one for a rail? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I am not sure about a rail but the link below shows the leather lined Kydex.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithc.html

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by IN Defender
    I am not sure about a rail but the link below shows the leather lined Kydex.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithc.html

Thank you sir.......

Posts liked by others
    Geepers Creepers! A guy sleeps late on a Sunday and suddenly there is a scad of responses to his meanderings.

Thank you all so far, for your kind words. This was a fairly daunting task, given the utter new-ness of the gear, the innovations, which occured during testing and the sheer number of accessories and options.

Patrick,
    Yes they make leather lined versions of all the models. They care called the "Silent Thunder," and I have already submitted a piece to John, which you should be seeing soon. I have included a couple more of the options in this review, since the time line for the Easy Reach was ended and the stuff kept coming.

As far as a rail, I am really not sure. I know that Tucker is adding forms all the time and has a pretty good sized pile of them already. Best thing to do would be to call Rob Longenecker, at Tucker and ask him.
    Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.

Posts liked by others
    Nice job Ping. I believe you covered the holsters well and the pictures told the rest of the story.

Posts liked by others
    Nice review, and I was unaware of the leather lined Kydex. Always been leery of carrying in Kydex due to what I figured would be excessive finish wear (as opposed to leather). This should cure that!

Question for you Ping Ping, on their site, it looks like the OWB model wouldn't conceal that well, as the upper portion rides away from the body. In your review, this appears to be just the opposite, looks to hug the body quite well. Do you think it's due to adjustment of the rig, body type, or? How well do you feel it'd conceal under a cover garment?

A very good read BTW, well done.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Hunter. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone

Question for you Ping Ping, on their site, it looks like the OWB model wouldn't conceal that well, as the upper portion rides away from the body. In your review, this appears to be just the opposite, looks to hug the body quite well. Do you think it's due to adjustment of the rig, body type, or? How well do you feel it'd conceal under a cover garment?

A very good read BTW, well done.
    The one shown in the photo, indeed conceals very well under a vest, or jacket. I have another, Silent Thunder Champion, which does sit out from the body a bit, but since I only use it for IDPA, I rather prefer it that way.

Tucker has just released what they call, the "Butt Tucker," belt attachment. It's appropriately named, since it helps push the butt of the gun closer into the body. They also offer it in two different ride heights. This may meet your needs better than the standard attachment. You can see it on the website.

I thank you, TBone.
    Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.
    Last edited by Ping Ping; 11th May 2008 at 10:56.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast