Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brief comparison of .22 LR conversion kits

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Ciener Website

Searching of the website is fairly clear, but obviously not user friendly. There are even return instructions for the return of warranted (sp?) products. In addition, parts are available and priced, with instructions on how to purchase them. Didn't try the phone lines, but then I don't need to, as my unit performs well (at least for now). However, it does NOT like any Remington cartridges at all. Will not feed nor eject well. But with Winchester, Federal and CCI, it has performed flawlessly.

Posts liked by others
    I too have recently purchased the Wilson Combat Model and although I only have about 1200 rounds in it has functioned flawlessly.

Posts liked by others

Arrow

I, too, have the Wilson and highly recommend it! I fire it often choosing it over my Colt Ace or Colt conversion kit. As a leo, it allows me to work on presentation from the holster - making ultimate accuracy less important. However, the Wilson accuracy is at the top of the heap ... < 1" groups at 25 yards.
    mefly2

Posts liked by others

Any .22LR conversions for Officer's model frames?

Are there any out there? If there are more than one make, how do they stack up?

Posts liked by others
    ok, i don't have a 1911 yet (getting one very soon). i'm looking at getting either a jarvis or advantage arms conversion. i like the steel slide on the jarvis conversion, but how hard is it to find magazines for them? also, is there anything i should know about using either conversion on an AMT HardBaller?

Posts liked by others
    The Marvel unit is very accurate but will only feed expensive rounds reliably. With Remington and Winchester bulk stuff it will FTF about every 3 to 5 rounds, with CCI Stingers it has been extremely reliable with 1.5" groups @ 25 yards.

Posts liked by others
    I purchased and still have four of the units.
    -Colt Ace. I looked for one of these in excellent condition for years. Finally bought one made in 1978 (for about $400). IT has adjustable sites and a flat top like the Gold Cup except no serrations. Floating chamber does get dirty.
    -Ciener. Mine has adjustable sites and 10 shot clip. Low power target ammo won't cycle the slide. In my opinion this is that hardest to take apart for cleaning.
    -Marvel. I have the cheaper model with the ajustable sights, not the scope rail. It is still the most accurate conversion unit I have, but during a shooting session I have had to tighten the rod on the front.
    -Kimber. I have one of the new ones and it is the easiest to take apart and clean.

I think all of the units I have are great for serious plinking or semi-serious target shooting, and I often take at least one to the range on some 1911 frame. I have noticed that the Colt unit will not fit on the Kimbers I have; it is too small and I am not about the mess with the frame. The other three units have no problem with the Kimber frames. In the future I will probably buy other brands and the Marvel with the scope rail and scope it.

But none of these conversion units is competition for my S&W mod 41 or even my Ruger MKIII Hunter.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    At the Jarvis web site they say they fit Gov, Commander, or Officer frames. www.jarvis-custom.com. Thinking this may be my next conversion unit.
    Exact link:
    http://www.jarvis-custom.com/Product...8/Default.aspx
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    dakota1911, just checked that jarvis site,it looks like a good set-up thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    is jarvis no longer making .22lr conversion kits? can't find them on their site and the above link doesn't work

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast