Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you want to find the history of your Colt

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I called Colt and received my Colt's dob to be 1948. It was easy and quick using the 800 #.

Posts liked by others

called colt

I called Ms. Hoyt as per suggestion. She was accommodating, and a nice lady to talk to.

Posts liked by others
    John, I called Colt last week and talked to Carolyn about checking date of manufacture on a number of items. She gave me her email address and asked me to send her the models and serial numbers. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to list her email address but a representative of the forum could ask her for an email address for that purpose. Maybe they could create a secondary email just for the DOB questions.

Posts liked by others
    I did what DENDEN did: after speaking to Ms. Hoyt I asked for her Email address; I sent my information request; within a day I had it; Colt M1991 Compact, year 1998, returned to Colt for credit, resold as a ported Compact shortly thereafter. If anyone has an opportunity to acquire one, my suggestion is, "do it!" Mine an excellent shooter.

Posts liked by others
    just called the 800 number, didnt talk to cathy, but did find out my gun was made in 2007.
    very nice and person on the other end, and i didnt wait on hold for an hour and a half.. more like under 4 minutes.

cheers

Posts liked by others
    My interest in in the provenance of my pistol. A WW I vintage pistol. All I can find in general on line is a date range that it may have been made. Will Colt be able to tell me when it was made, who it was shipped to, units assigned, when dropped from military books? Thanks Niels

Posts liked by others

Replacement Value

Can you supply me any data on a colt 45 semiautomatic pistol S/N
    1114748, M1911 as to the date manufactured, the value, or where I can
    find this data. The pistol is in excellent/immaculate condition,
    perfect original bluing, and only been fired a dozen times or so.
    Thanks,
    Robert W. Sater - USMC CWO4 RET.

The pistol was in excellent condition, excellent original bluing, only fired about 100 rounds after purchase, never fired prior to purchase. Needing value to replace it due to TORT claim with the City of North Charleston. They confiscated the pistol wrongly, held it and then I was told it was destroyed, which I still doubt, but I am wanting to purchase a replacement as close to it as possible.
    Thanks,

Robert W. Slater
    [SIZE=2]ROBERT W. SLATER
    CWO4MC USMC RET
    [/SIZE]

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by CWO4MC
    Can you supply me any data on a colt 45 semiautomatic pistol S/N
    1114748, M1911 as to the date manufactured, the value, or where I can
    find this data. The pistol is in excellent/immaculate condition,
    perfect original bluing, and only been fired a dozen times or so.
    Thanks,
    Robert W. Sater - USMC CWO4 RET.

The pistol was in excellent condition, excellent original bluing, only fired about 100 rounds after purchase, never fired prior to purchase. Needing value to replace it due to TORT claim with the City of North Charleston. They confiscated the pistol wrongly, held it and then I was told it was destroyed, which I still doubt, but I am wanting to purchase a replacement as close to it as possible.
    Thanks,

Robert W. Slater
    Try this link for some of your information.
    http://www.proofhouse.com/colt/index.html

Others here are much better qualified to answer your questions than I am but this may get you started.

Good Luck
    magnaed

Posts liked by others

Data Request SN 1114748

The link did not assist me as it is a data information only and does not provide values, etc or anyone to email. Thanks anyway for your response.
    [SIZE=2]ROBERT W. SLATER
    CWO4MC USMC RET
    [/SIZE]

Posts liked by others

Wink value of 1911

Quote Originally Posted by CWO4MC
    The link did not assist me as it is a data information only and does not provide values, etc or anyone to email. Thanks anyway for your response.
    That link should have been able to give you an approximate date of manufacture. As to value there is the Blue Book of Gun Values but in fact if you want a true value then the pistol would have to be appraised.

I believe it will be very difficult to get the answers you are looking for by only listing the serial number of your pistol but then I have been wrong before!

Hope you find your answers.

Magnaed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345