Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Para Ordnance P14.45CC (or is it P13.45?) by Western Arms

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    There is no WA Colt Combat Commander. The only Commander is the Lightweight one, here: http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=6927

The Premium Edition of the Colt Combat Commander is very very rare, and I think it is ugly, but I keep looking for one, just to get the sights, LoRL and the ivory grips.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct...sp?prodid=1390 what about this one?...its way before SCW lightweight combat comander.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That's the same gun, I think the only difference is that this one is (or at least it doesn't say if) it is not SCW. It has the same lowish sights as the SCW one but it appears to be heavier. Who can tell what it is with the way WA marks their pistols?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    is it got anything to do with the rights WA bought from colts?..so whatever already in their works is what they put on their guns...i really get it by what u meant, WA still lacks with commitment to produce the true and original combat commander with its natural born feature's...

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I do not think that Western Arms has bought any rights from Colt. They usually do not care much to buy rights these days, because the various laws do not affect them (they produce in Japan, not in US). So they do not care.

I know they had got the rights to produce the P14.45 from Para Ordnance, Ted Szabo had told me so, but I do not think they got the rights to produce the rest of their pistols.

I know for sure that Nighthawk didn't give them any rights to produce their pistol (the Larry Vickers). Nighthawk had no idea about it, until I showed them the pictures. Actually, the WA Larry Vickers has the same serial number as the pistol we tested in our E-zine. So I guess WA has read our review and copied things, LoRL.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Last edited by John; 13th September 2008 at 02:28.

Posts liked by others
    i thought it was all a legit trademarks matters...i didnt know it before, when i read your stories about Para, am pretty sure that all the trademarks WA put on thier guns was an outcome of some agreement between two company..i guess theyve already busy keeping their product at high end quality so there isnt any room for this kind of things...and what ive also heard that tanio kobayashi were now aiming to european market for a cheaper product with his keen quality control using taiwan company such as KJW or WE..have you heard an MEU type made by co. named SOCOM GEAR?...with its full metal frame n slide it only cost arround US$ 85..at this stage of competition i thinks its becoming hard to seek or wait for a true product thats fits with or accurate to the real ones especially the 1911 type.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    There are all kind of "cost-effective" airsoft guns around. Even Japanese manufacturers come out with relatively cheap guns. For example, Tokyo Marui's 1911 is as good as the Western Arms one, as far as authenticity and reliability is concerned. And it costs half the money. The bad thing is they do not have the plethora of models WA has, only the GI, the Detonics and lately the MEU model. I was hoping that they would come out with a Commander, but so far no such thing.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    and now we should just be satisfied with what WA already offered in their lines. it was a very informative talking to you..i might drop in a few words to your other reviews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12