Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CheckMate magazines and your orders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

CheckMate magazines and your orders

Folks,

As you may have read in the other thread, our stock of CM magazines is now gone.

Since I do not want to order more without having a concrete idea of how many you want, and given the fiasco of the calendars, I am not willing to pay for more mags without commitment on your side that you will buy them.

First of all, a clarification for those who have already send checks or money orders in, and who have not received their mags. Federal Law mandates that we should either return those checks/MO or send you a message if those things you ordered are in back-order for more than 30 days. We are NOT equipped to do so, we can't keep track of orders and send out messages if 30 days have passed from the day we received them.

Second, as I explained I am not going to pay for magazines that you folks are not going to buy.

The above two things, mean that we end this magazine offer right now. However, I understand that you may want to take advantage of the prices we offer those mags at, and that you may want more mags. There is only one way to do it, and this is the one described below:

We'll keep the checks/MOs you have send and we'll continue to accept checks/MOs until a sufficient number of mags is ordered by you, for us to buy them from CM at the discounted prices we get. Then, we will ship to you the mags, as soon as we receive them. Obviously, that may take more than 30 days, we can not predict when enough orders will come in, to guarantee you a shipping date, so you will have to include within your order a note saying that you do not want us to notify you, if the mags you are ordering are in back-order, or if it will take us more than 30 days to ship your mags to you.

If that is OK with you (some of you), then please enter a post here, saying how many mags you want and of which kind, and send us your check or MO together with that note mentioned above. The post here does not count for anything, it will be your check/MO that will mean you are ordering something, the post is just a quick way for me to see how things are going.

So folks, let us know if you need more mags.

We can get for you the following mags:

1. 7-rounders (CM45-7-S-H)

CheckMate 7-round magazines in stainless steel, with hybrid lips, welded, drilled and tapped floor plates and flat, dimpled followers.

Prices

1-10: $16.00 each
    11 or more : $15.00 each

2. Tuner-mags (8-rounders, CM45-8-S-H)

CheckMate 8-round magazines in stainless steel, with hybrid lips, welded, drilled and tapped floor plates, Tuner-approved, skirted, dimpled followers and high-performance springs.

Prices

1-10: $18.00 each
    11 or more : $17.00 each

3. Bumper pads (CMBP)

CheckMate bumper pads sets. Each set comes with a short and a long bumper pad, in black, and two screws.

Prices

1-10: $3,00 each
    10 or more : $2.50 each

Shipping

Magazines will be shipped in boxes (not envelopes).

1 magazine : $3.00
    2 magazines : $3.50
    3 magazines : $4.25
    4 magazines : $5.50
    5-10 magazines : $7.50
    11-16 magazines : $12.00 (they have to go in a box, Priority Mail)

To order your mags, you need to make a check or money order, payable to Mr. Harwood Loomis and send it to the following address:

Mr. Harwood Loomis
    PO Box 323
    Seymour, CT, 06483

The check/money order should cover the cost of the items you order and the shipping cost shown above. Together with your check, we want you to include a note with your real name and full address, your user name here (in case we need to PM you for some reason) as well as a detailed list of how many mags you are ordering and of which type. One more thing on payment. Orders paid with money order will be shipped as soon as they arrive, order paid by check will be send as soon as the check clears. In other words, your order is not in our "Orders to ship" list until your check was cleared by the bank.

Do not forget to include the waiver, saying that you do not want us to send you any notices, if your order can not be fulfilled within 30 days. Without this, your check or money order will be returned to you.

Disclaimer : All mag sales are permanent. We can't guarantee that these mags will work in your pistol. 1911Tuner has tested these mags and he found them to be working perfectly. Other members have also tested them and they reported the same results. The hybrid lips make feeding smoother in the majority of the pistols these mags were tested. In the worst case the feeding was the same as with other mags. That (as we all know) does not mean they will work in every 1911 on this planet. Of course if you receive a magazine which was defective, you can always return it to CheckMate for a new one.

You may use this thread to ask questions about our offer.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 6th May 2008 at 02:55.

Posts liked by others
    John, why not strike a deal with CheckMate that members get a discount? One could order directly from CM, mention that they are M1911.org members and get perhaps a 10% discount.

That would get M1911.org out of the loop and everybody would be happy.
    Johnny

I miss America
    Sent from my keyboard using hunt-n-peck...
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Pappy, CM won't accept such a deal, for the simple reason that they would have to deal with as many orders as the members would place. That adds a huge overhead to them and a lot of paperwork. The reason we receive a good price (which we pass along to our members) is because we order in bulk, so there is a significant quantity discount, because they have to deal only with one order.

And of course, that won't leave anything for M1911.ORG, we do make a small profit from each mag you guys buy.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Big John my Money Order was already sent no note....I will sit tight here in sunny Florida and be patient.

Bryan W

Posts liked by others
    Please consider my check that Hawkmoon already has for two 7 rounders plus bumper pads as proof that I'm willing to wait for the backorder. If I need to do anything else let me know.

Posts liked by others
    My check for 7 of the 8 rounders cleared Feb 1st and now would be about the time they would arrive. Once they clear range testing, I'll send another check for eight more.

Waiting for good mags is fine. Thank you to those involved in running this group buy.
    John from 1849 Sutter's Fort. Retired to Texas.
    Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
    "Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
    Last edited by Poohgyrr; 18th February 2008 at 03:20.

Posts liked by others
    well i ordered 3 in jan and got them quick to try out, i will be sending a postal MO for 10 more of the 7 round mags.... i am patient, when you get em ship em, i am mature enough not to be a hound dog.... BUT i will say this should be posted in the magazine section, and few people will find it here... i looked at the old post you closed, and the only way i found this thread was to look at your profile and all recent post and saw it was in "announcement" section??? i think it should be in the magazine section if you really want to know how many people want the mags.... anyway postal mo is in the mail today for 10...7 round mags...thanks much, for offering us the excellent deal........
    Last edited by hutch1510; 18th February 2008 at 10:12. Reason: spelling

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Those who send in checks/MO for more, please do not forget to include a waiver, that you do not want us to send you an update about your order, if it takes more than 30 days to fulfill. If you do not, your check/MO will be returned to you.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    any ideas on how many more orders you need? I would take 3 mags and a couple of bumper pads, but I need something pretty soon. I just got my first 1911, shot it the first time tonight, and had some feed issues that I THINK were a result of the cheap mag that came w/ my Spartan. But don't want to have to wait a month to find out.....
    Last edited by jordan85; 21st February 2008 at 00:38.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    We need to collect orders for more than 40 mags from each kind, if we are to reorder. Otherwise the price will not be the same. I would suggest that you order directly from CM, I do not see a huge demand right now, so it may take a while.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast