Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for Rock River Arms Tactical 1911 review

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Discussion thread for Rock River Arms Tactical 1911 review

Please use this thread to discuss the RRA Tactical that we reviewd in our E-zine.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon,

A very honest review, sir!
    Has Hunter forgiven you for shooting up his CED chronograph?
    Seems to be a rash of that going around! (Wait for my next test to be published!!)

I don't blame either of you for not wanting to attempt to remove the tight bushing on a $2,ooo pistol. Something is definitely amiss on that one!

Once again, good review and photographs.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon,
    Thank you for the very thorough review of the pistol, and thanks to Hunter as well for the use of his range and assistance in the "accuracy (or lack thereof) tests". Some discouraging results for sure... I've heard many good things RRA's pistols in the past. I wonder if they simply let a "lemon" slip through..... Though you'd think they'd spend some extra time on a pistol going out for testing... Hmm..?
    I agreed with, in particular, your assesment of the hammer and how reducing weight may not be the best approach to the design in a "tactical" pistol, especially at the (risk of) expense of "reliability and durability".
    Thanks again for a very thorough review. I look forward to these... So, from a member of m1911.org, please "keep 'em comin' " !

Oh, BTW, the link at the bottom of the review directs me to the "STI Guardian Review" . Don't know if it's just my PC, but thought y'all should know.
    Eli

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    Hawkmoon,

A very honest review, sir!
    Has Hunter forgiven you for shooting up his CED chronograph?
    Seems to be a rash of that going around! (Wait for my next test to be published!!)

I don't blame either of you for not wanting to attempt to remove the tight bushing on a $2,ooo pistol. Something is definitely amiss on that one!

Once again, good review and photographs.
    I posted a month or so ago about how I couldn't move the barrel bushing on my Ltd. Match. I think RRA makes great pistols but there is such a thing as too tight.

Posts liked by others
    Another classic example of 'just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's great'. I applaud the honesty of the review. Would it prevent me from wanting an RRA pistol? No. They make a great pistol just like the other high end brand names however an accurate and reliable pistol can be had for half the cost. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but reliability and practicality is in the content of the average shooter's wallet. If it's ugly but works then it ain't ugly.

Posts liked by others
    Great review Hawk.
    I wish yall could of seen Hawk's face when he shot the chronograph support. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing out load. He did buy me a new set (which was not necessary, if you look close at his pictures you can see black tape around one of the supports, that was courtesy of the Kimber Pro Covert II and me).
    I was a little surprised the RRA did not like my reloads to be honest.
    Last edited by Hunter; 12th February 2008 at 16:12.

Posts liked by others
    I was altogether impressed with the review! It seems as though what we read so often about how wonderful the pistol being reviewed is that we are hard pressed to find anything upon which to make a decision. I often wonder if they, as elijdub alluded to, take extra care with a review pistol to insure better results. The review was honest, straight forward and let you know what could be expected. Well done!
    1911FXR
    Last edited by 1911FXR; 12th February 2008 at 16:57.

Posts liked by others
    hawkmoon and hunter, thank you for a very honest review. very disappointing the gun performed the way it did and rock river not supplying everything when sending you the gun. not having the greatest rep on this forum, this was their chance to shine and they blew it. as far as myself, very happy with their guns
    Last edited by NMAXX; 12th February 2008 at 17:06.

Posts liked by others
    Great review and I appreciate the honesty with which it is presented.
    The gun has a very nice finish. Every one of their guns that I've looked at has similar beautiful blueing.
    My RRA Limited Match wouldn't feed any of the 200 lswc or 200 Hornady C/T but my bushing was a bit easier to remove once the slide was pulled back a bit.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the great review. It certainly shows that even a custom level pistol comes with it's problems.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast