Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Garthwaite Pictures Thread - Each post should contain at least one picture

Posts liked by others

Icon17

http://i37.tinypic.com/30sg4fn.jpg

My wifes new 9mm Commander

Posts liked by others
    A while ago I purchased a NIB 1996 production Colt S80 Enhanced in 9x23. I fired a few mags of ammo through it and sent it off to Jim Garthwaite for some custom modifications and to fit a 9mm barrel to it. The first photo is the before.

Jim performed the following work:

• Heinie Slant Pro rear sight, fitted, machined for one hand clear, with .140 notch
    • Dovetail front sight
    • 10K .080 gold bead insert
    • Fit frame/slide (carry)
    • Kart match 5” 9mm barrel, bushing, link & pin
    • Precision barrel fitting - hood, lugs, lap fit
    • Fit, crown, throat 9x23 Colt factory barrel using Kart bushing
    • Machine slide for guide rods
    • 2 – One-piece guide rods with Wolff 12/16 lb. springs
    • Greider medium length trigger
    • Trigger job with tool steel sear and disconnetor
    • High sweep grip safety (S80)
    • Ed Brown speed thumb safety
    • Set of Hogue grip panels, fitted with hex screws, re-tap install grip bushings
    • Bevel mag well
    • Machine Colt main spring housing flat and draw file into frame
    • Checker main spring housing 30 lpi
    • Machine front strap for high grip and checker 30 lpi
    • Soften all sharp edges, radius, hand polish flats and re-blue

It now looks like this:

It shoots as good as it looks. In my opinion, Jim’s 9mm/9x23 is a really cool set up. You can practice with relatively inexpensive 9mm ball and quickly change the barrel/recoil spring to 9x23 for self-defense. I really like this set up.

For those not familiar with the 9x23 cartridge, below is a photo of a round of CorBon DPX 9mm (9x19) next to the longer 9x23 round. The DPX 9x23 uses a 125 gr bullet at 1350 fps. CorBon’s standard 9x23 JHP load is a 125 gr at 1450 fps.

Posts liked by others

Garthwaite Custom Colt

Here's my Garthwaite full custom CCO. It's LOADED with all the goodies.. Thanks for checking out the photos... yeah I know the weapon is dirty... it's my daily carry.. no safe queens in my house..

Frank V
    GunTech of Coral Springs.
    Certified NRA Instructors

Posts liked by others

Jim Garthwaite Custom Commander!

Been waiting to add to this thread for a LONG time....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12