Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has carried a 1911 in uniform?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Thumbs up carried

I carried a Colt Lightweight Commander Series 80 with a Robar NP3 finish, Wilson Combat internals when I worked in Texas... I used a Safariland SSIII holster and a Quad mag pouch... nice piece of kit too! I was sad to see it go... it is in the hands of a friend and fellow officer serving him well.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Posts liked by others
    I carried a Colt Combat Elite (.45 ACP) in the USN when working a counter-narcotics gig. Had to qualify quarterly in both the DOJ and USN courses of fire.
    Last edited by DR505; 18th February 2008 at 10:15.

Posts liked by others
    Carried one on Ft Bragg for patrol. Later carried one in Germany "riding the rails".

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

I, too carried a 1911A1 on patrol at Ft. Bragg (in 1975) and spent the two years before that in the ROK carrying one. After working many years for an agency that required me to carry what they issued, I now work for one that has a more commonsense policy (IMO); so I've come full circle and now carry a NHC 10-8 pistol. I couldn't be happier!

Posts liked by others
    I carried one on occasion during the early years of my Army career (Officer of the Guard, Payroll officer, etc.). I went through a famfire course as part of my preparation for going to Nam. When I got there, they issued us aviators a S&W 38! I had never even fired one! (I did find, however, that it would indeed kill a Cobra snake. ) Later on, when we switched to the Baretta, I found that I could hardly hit the broad side of a barn with it. (passive resistance? )
    Kimber Custom TLE-RL II

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoc
    Remember boys and girls, logistics wins wars.
    You just have to hope that the other side's logistics are worse that yours!
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    Carried a 1911a1 from 86-90 on active duty in the USMC. With a lot of Kentucky windage, was a big deal to shoot "expert" at Quantico. In the reserves, my unit transitioned to the M9 in 92... when "everyone" shot "expert."

Posts liked by others
    That's where I fired my first qualification course in '85.
    Regards,

Tom

Posts liked by others
    1986-1989 in Germany as a MP. Our unit had to purchase qualification ammo from the Rod & Gun Club on post as the only ammo available was 9mm and we hadnt even seen a Beretta yet. Thankfully I had a good shooter 1945 RR 2242096. Funny I can still remember the serial # on my issued Pistol but cant remember what I had for breakfast.

Posts liked by others
    Thatīs 1911-Alzheimer at itīs best!

Dreaming of that old 1911 since I shooting bigbore handguns from 15th birthday. Got one as a present from my father on my promotion to a Sergeant in the German Bundeswehr (an old but like new Colt 1911A1 from a Russia war reserve release)! Since we only had those old Walther P-1 (a lightweight version of the P-38) it make a lot of impression when you carried you private sidearm to the shooting range (when the brass is absent!)!
    We are the Pilgrims, Master
    We shall go always a little further,
    It may be beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
    Across that angry or glimmering sea …
    Last edited by Germanfritze; 12th April 2008 at 05:56.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast