Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Leather: Combo Pouch

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Tucker Leather: Combo Pouch

Many of my friends here have asked me about this item, so, with no further stalling, or ado, here's my review:

About a year and a half ago, I started bugging Rob and Tucker about making me a mag pouch that would accommodate my Surefire G2 and back up mag. Rob finally contacted Tucker and replied with, "Yes, Tucker says he can make that."

About a year after that, I was frustrated when I saw a post on the Tucker Gunleather Blog, that another customer had received his, "Combo Pouch".

My idea! My Concept! My initial request! Mine was ordered in February of 2007. He had ordered his well after that and had it in three months! I was miffed!

Fast forward to November, or The Best Things are Worth Waiting For.

After several calls and reminders, I finally received my Tucker Gunleather Matching Double Angled Combo Pouch!

Double Angled: The two items are angled backwards for a faster, more natural draw stroke.

Matching: It matches my beloved HF1 belt/holster/Double-Angled Mag Pouch rig.

And match, it certainly does:

I have been carrying in this combo pouch since the day I received it. As with all Tucker products, the fit was and is, tight, secure, yet not immature. Both my backup mag and flashlight are drawn easily and effortlessly, while giving the impression that I could do cartwheels without losing a thing.

The Hermann Oak Leather is as good as leather gets. The stamping and stitching are typical Tucker fare; flawlessly consistent. A Tucker Gunleather product is simply one of those rare things in life, which must be held, touched, felt and be-held, to be believed. Seriously.

My HF1 holster and two matching belts see a lot of carry and competition duty. They have been subjected to a lot of draws, a lot of sun, a lot of banging about, a lot of car rides and abrasion from various cover garments. I think the match of the pieces still holds up to scrutiny.

Sorry that this is such a boringly glowing review, but that's just what you get when you get Tucker.

Posts liked by others
    Ping Ping, you and Tucker leather. Keep it up, though, I'm finally gonna pry open my wallet and go for it.

Your a bad influence. Or at least that's what I'm going to tell my wife.
    Regards,

Tom

Posts liked by others
    Hey, if this eases your pocketbook pains any, the girlies seem to love the look of my Tucker stuff. If you want to blame me to get out from under the rolling pin, you have my blessing. Go with what works, or, as Frank likes to say, "improvise, adapt, overcome"

Posts liked by others
    Geez, Ping.
    Expecting trouble?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdollar
    Geez, Ping.
    Expecting trouble?
    Laffin... No. I dont wear them all at the same time. I carry the combo for work since I work evenings and frequently need the light there. Then there are the late evening stops for gas, etc. During the week I generally carry IWB and in daylight hours, I forgo the Tucker stuff (except for the gun being in an Answer) and carry my BU mag in a Blackhawk leather single.
    The double carrier is just for matches and practice.

Posts liked by others

Tucker Impressive

Ping
    I ordered "The Answer" from Rob back in June and it finally arrived mid-December. I figured if it's good enough for the Texas Rangers it's good enough for me! I am sooooo glad I was patient and waited. It is the most comfortable, concealable holster I have ever tried. My Nighthawk T3 & GRP II Bobtail just disappears and their weight is so well distributed that you really forget it's there. It will also hold my Sig P226 and P245 (bonus) I am so impressed I have ordered another for my Glock 21SF and I'm sure it will also carry my XD40 Subcompact (Ping, please don't leak that to the Nighthawk forum, they'll kill me ). I love quality and Rob is a super guy to work with.

Lee
    Remember that concealment is not necessarily cover.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by M14-68
    Ping
    I ordered "The Answer" from Rob back in June and it finally arrived mid-December. I figured if it's good enough for the Texas Rangers it's good enough for me! I am sooooo glad I was patient and waited. It is the most comfortable, concealable holster I have ever tried. My Nighthawk T3 & GRP II Bobtail just disappears and their weight is so well distributed that you really forget it's there. It will also hold my Sig P226 and P245 (bonus) I am so impressed I have ordered another for my Glock 21SF and I'm sure it will also carry my XD40 Subcompact (Ping, please don't leak that to the Nighthawk forum, they'll kill me ). I love quality and Rob is a super guy to work with.

Lee
    Yup. My Answer is the most comfortable holster, of any kind, I've ever worn.

And yes, Rob, is the man!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping
    Yup. My Answer is the most comfortable holster, of any kind, I've ever worn.

And yes, Rob, is the man!
    What was Rob's last name again, Ping?

Dinglebuster?
    Dinglebooter?
    Last edited by dogdollar; 22nd January 2008 at 22:37.

Posts liked by others
    Rob Longenecker

Tuckergunleather.com
    Remember that concealment is not necessarily cover.

Posts liked by others
    Tucker leather sure looks nice. Good looking outfit....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast