Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Stainless Finish Confusion and an explanation on Serial Number prefixes

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I retract what I said about having a nickel plated 1911, my gunsmith just had it stripped naked. The next time I lay eyes on it I'll be drooling on brushed hard chrome.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others

Talking

Regardless of where they are made, and by what production group, the new Springers seem to be nice, tight, accurate pistols. My MilSpec 1911, fired one-handed (as is done in Conventional Pistol/Bullseye) has consistently placed three-shot groups within a .75" circle (center-to-center) at the short line (25 yards) with Winchester factory FN-TMJ 185gr ammunition.

Now all I have to do is time the wobble so that circle coincides with the X-ring...

Tom

Posts liked by others

Spring Full Size Match Made In Brazil??

Dear friends,
    it is the first time I am on this nice forum and I shake your hands. I beg pardon for my pour english, but I hope you'll understand my posts.
    I am using a Full Size Match ( fired over 2000 rouds without a malfunction ), and I wont Know if it has been made or manufactured in USA or Brazil, because I read on the dust cover:" IMBEL BRAZIL". Its serial number is N 42xxxx. Thank you very much for any suggestions.
    DP65

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrisey
    Now all I have to do is time the wobble so that circle coincides with the X-ring.
    LOL There's always that! Now if only we can get the targets to wobble in sync with the gun, we'd be set!
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others

Brazilian Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisey
    Regardless of where they are made, and by what production group, the new Springers seem to be nice, tight, accurate pistols. My MilSpec 1911, fired one-handed (as is done in Conventional Pistol/Bullseye) has consistently placed three-shot groups within a .75" circle (center-to-center) at the short line (25 yards) with Winchester factory FN-TMJ 185gr ammunition.

Now all I have to do is time the wobble so that circle coincides with the X-ring...

Tom
    Thank you for reply TOM. My Springfield is as those seen very accurate and over all tight. I owned other 1911 in the last years ( Colt items ) but my new one has been found the best.
    I shoot lead bullets, 230 grains RN, and Copper galvanized one on these types of powder: Norma R1 / N 320 Vihtavuori. I am very satisfied!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DP65
    I wont Know if it has been made or manufactured in USA or Brazil, because I read on the dust cover:" IMBEL BRAZIL". Its serial number is N 42xxxx. Thank you very much for any suggestions.
    DP65
    Imbrel makes the forgings for all of Springfield's 1911-A1 frames and, to the best of my knowledge, most of the slides. The serial number prefix shows the production group who finished and final-assembled the pistol, and the "N" group is in Brazil.

Tom

Posts liked by others
    I just picked up a used Springfield PX9151L w/box and papers and 2mags,one is a wilson for $515.00 Looks good and feels tight can't wait to get it to the range. I also have a GI Champion.The champ would not feed rnd ball the first time I took it out but it ate HP like no tomorrow. I broke it in and now it shoots fine. My local range is closed so I have to wait to take out the Custom Loaded. Quick ? Springfield web site says that the barrels on the loaded pistols have a match quality barrel,just what does that mean? I figure you either have a match grade barrel or you don't. any thoughts?

how do you post pics?

Posts liked by others
    do I have to have a certain # of post before I can post pics?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by scootch
    do I have to have a certain # of post before I can post pics?
    No, but you have to use IMG at the beginning of the link and /IMG at the end. I took the liberty of editing your original post to correct it.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Tom. I was using bebo but I went ahead and got photo bucket and I am good to go now.
    I'd walk a mile for a 1911.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast