Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black Stainless Finish Confusion and an explanation on Serial Number prefixes

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Here is a pic of Mine.
    IS my sig ok?
    Walther P.38
    Springfield Loaded Black Stainless
    XD-40 Sub-compact and Tactical
    M-1 Garand
    Dillon Square deal b

Posts liked by others
    I just joined in. As for the finishes of Springfield that they offer, The black stainless will show holster depending on use. It will not drag like parkerized will, but there are instances where you want drag. Their Armory Kote is definately durable and well worth the cost. I pack 24/7 and it always a Springfield (Blued, Parkerizes, Black Stainless, Stainless, and Armory Kote----Steel and Aluminum)

Posts liked by others
    OK...got another question about an older SA. It is basicly a LW Commander model.
    serial#LW******. On the aluminum colored frame is FIBRAZIL.
    On the left side of the slide is COMPACT. From all my research this model is now the Champion??? AM I correct?
    It has a bushingless bull barrel.
    I've carried it for several years and love it.
    Just ordered a LW operater!! Whoo Hoo. Can't wait.
    Anyway, what is the LW siginify in my gun's sereial number? Light weight maybe??

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dryriver
    Anyway, what is the LW siginify in my gun's sereial number? Light weight maybe??
    You are correct, sir. My Micro Compact Operator - with the aluminum frame - also has an "LW" prefix, so it stands to reason that "LW" standa for light weight.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Hoffmann
    Joni Lynn: I think that it will hold up as good or slightly better than a good polish and blue job because it is harder, but it does scratch. I accidentally dropped a screwdriver on mine from a distance of about four feet which produced an ugly scratch. I touched it up with the BC pen, and unless you are looking for it you'll never find it, unlike the contrast you sometimes see with the touch up pens for bluing. My champion had several small scratches around the pins on the side plate from careless punch use when I bought it. I retrospect, a screwdriver hit like my fumble fingers produced would probably scratch a diamond or any contemporary pistol finish.
    What's a BC pen? I have a black stainless Kimber with an 'idiot scratch' that could use a touchup.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234