Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who issues?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    San Jose PD in Northern CA. No funky colors and at least a 4lb trigger.

Posts liked by others
    The Whitehall Township PD in Pennsylvania issues the Colt Government XSE to their officers.

Posts liked by others
    Florida State Fire Marshal's Bureau of Fire, Arson & Explosives allows carrying of personally owned (approved) weapons once you qualify with them...this includes 1911's. They currently issue Sig P228's and their admin get Glocks (model 26 or 27) They are switching over to issuing Glocks within the next few months.

The Florida Supreme Court Police looked at 1911's for issue a couple of years ago, but didn't adopt them?

Several County SWAT officers carry them in Northern Florida.

Posts liked by others
    Red River County Texas...several of us carry our own 1911's. I have a NC GRP, we have some TRP's and one lone colt guy LOL.

Posts liked by others
    Porter County Sheriff in IN offers the Kimber Custom TLE to SWAT members

Posts liked by others
    Does anyone know about Southern Ohio? I've been interested in law enforcement, but I don't know if I'd feel safe with the 'plastic fantastic', me being a 1911 nut. Maybe a dumb thing to say, but I'm curious.
    ... I'm locked and loaded with the devil in my hands ...
    Last edited by FortySecondWarrior; 24th August 2008 at 19:20.

Posts liked by others
    Tacoma PD, Washington does

Either a Kimber 1911 or a Glock 21, your choice.

My department you can carry any gun you can qualify on and that is approved by our armorer. We have a few people with 1911's, most with the standard Sig's, a few with Glocks.

Posts liked by others
    Last time I checked, Maricopa, Yuma and Yavapai counties in Arizona allowed their deputies to use a 1911. It is not unusual for the smaller police departments to allow officers to use a 1911. Most of the larger metro agencies here are still on the Glock craze. Use to work for one of the suburbs (Surprise Police dept) in the Phoenix metro area. They would let me use a Sig P-220. I have been working for a smaller agency in Yavapai County (Camp Verde) for the last several years and they authorize 1911's.

Posts liked by others
    Maricopa County in AZ allows Deputies and Detention Officers to carry 1911's manufactered by Colt, Kimber and Springfield. Cochise County issued Colt 1991's to their Deputies and Springfield Mil-Spec's to their Detention Officers.

Phoenix PD issued Glock 22 or 23, Officers can purchase a G21. As far as I know, this is pretty much the standard policy for all metro Phoenix departments.

Posts liked by others
    Colorado Division of Wildlife, officer purchased option in place of agency provided Glock. Manufacturer approved and be armorer certified within manufacturer specs. Kimber, Wilson, Colt, Taurus, Springfield Armory, and Sig

LHS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast