Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: CheckMate Magazines available from M1911.ORG - Order yours now!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

CheckMate Magazines available from M1911.ORG - Order yours now!

CheckMate mags available for members to buy

Here is your chance to buy the Check Mate magazines we promised you.
    We have available for you the following mags:

1. 7-rounders (CM45-7-S-H)

CheckMate 7-round magazines in stainless steel, with hybrid lips, welded, drilled and tapped floor plates and flat, dimpled followers.

Prices

1-10: $16.00 each
    10 or more : $15.00 each

2. Tuner-mags (8-rounders, CM45-8-S-H)

CheckMate 8-round magazines in stainless steel, with hybrid lips, welded, drilled and tapped floor plates, Tuner-approved, skirted, dimpled followers and high-performance springs.

Prices

1-10: $18.00 each
    10 or more : $17.00 each

3. Bumper pads (CMBP)

CheckMate bumper pads sets. Each set comes with a short and a long bumper pad, in black, and two screws.

Prices

1-10: $3,00 each
    10 or more : $2.50 each

Shipping

Magazines will be shipped in boxes (not envelopes).

1 magazine : $3.00
    2 magazines : $3.50
    3 magazines : $4.25
    4 magazines : $5.50
    5-10 magazines : $7.50

To order your mags, you need to make a check or money order, payable to Mr. Harwood Loomis and send it to the following address:

Mr. Harwood Loomis
    PO Box 323
    Seymour, CT, 06483

The check/money order should cover the cost of the items you order and the shipping cost shown above. Together with your check, we want you to include a note with your real name and full address, your user name here (in case we need to PM you for some reason) as well as a detailed list of how many mags you are ordering and of which type. One more thing on payment. Orders paid with money order will be shipped as soon as they arrive, order paid by check will be send as soon as the check clears. In other words, your order is not in our "Orders to ship" list until your check was cleared by the bank.

Please keep in mind, that this is new for us all. We are planning to offer those mags for sale on a cunstant basis, but your order may arrive at a time when we have run out of stock. Federal Laws mandate that we notify you for an out-of-stock status 30 days after we receive your order. Unfortunately, we are not prepared to do such follow up. We do not expect to ever be out of stock for such a long period, Check Mate is very quick in shipping the mags, but we can't guarantee something which is out of our control. As a result, it would be nice if you could include in your letter a clarification of what you want us to do, in case we are out of stock. We can return your payment (in which case you will have to re-order when we receive more magazines) or you can specify that you want us to keep your payment and ship the order mags to you, whenever they arrive.

Disclaimer : All mag sales are permanent. We can't guarantee that these mags will work in your pistol. 1911Tuner has tested these mags and he found them to be working perfectly. Other members have also tested them and they reported the same results. The hybrid lips make feeding smoother in the majority of the pistols these mags were tested. In the worst case the feeding was the same as with other mags. That (as we all know) does not mean they will work in every 1911 on this planet. Of course if you receive a magazine which was defective, you can always return it to CheckMate for a new one.

You may use this thread to ask questions about our offer.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 11th December 2007 at 15:07.

Posts liked by others
    Awesome! I think I know what I should add to my Christmas wish list

Are there any photos of the current configurations? Or atleast photos of what the follower looks like?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Ok, Cool. That pretty much answered my question.
    I think those are some great prices for what some of the reviews have been. Can't wait to get some.

Posts liked by others

Wink

Very nice!!

The check is in the Mail (literally I put it in the Mail lady's hands 10 minutes ago...)

Merry Christmas to me

Robert.
    NRA Endowment Life Member.
    The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts. - Edmund Burke 1777

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    You Sir, will be the first one to receive your magazines.

I wish you to enjoy them.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    John,
    Before i place my order i just have one question:
    I'm assuming the 7-round followers are "Tuner-approved" as well (it doesn't say so in the description) as they haven't been shortened to accomodate another round. I just wanted to make sure. I'm guessing y'all wrote "Tuner-approved" about the 8-rounders because of the tendancy of the "skirts" to be shortened in mags of this "type" (often leading to problems), AND in the case of the CM's for sale, being "Tuner-approved", this isn't an issue. Correct????

Oh, furthermore, are the 8's flush fitting?
    Thank you!!!
    Eli
    Last edited by elijdub; 8th December 2007 at 14:05.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Yes, the 7-rounders were tested by Tuner and they were approved. The follower is good to go, the spring is good to go, actually, they don't call it a high performance spring, but it is one. They just use the term "high performance" for their 8-rounder springs.

The follower used in the 8-rounders is totally different than what you have seen so far. From what I understand (I haven't seen the mags from up close) the follower is like a Devel one, but with a skirt at the front, which doesn't allow it to move at all inside the magazine. I spoke with Tuner about them and he was all for them, he said that so far he didn't have one single stoppage with them.

Of course, gentlemen, that does not mean that this is a miracle magazine. It's just the best 8-rounder so far, which fits flush with the grip. CM did their job with the follower, the lips, the springs and according to Tuner, you can expect to have better feeding in most pistols. Read the thread at the link I provided above, you may find some more answers there.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Last edited by John; 8th December 2007 at 14:57.

Posts liked by others
    The 8 rounders are flush fitting.

Tuner approved, meaning they have the dimple follower, better feed lips than most 8 rounders, and so far have proved to be reliable.

Most know that I've been an advocate for Wilson 8 rounders, but since testing out some of the new 8 rounders, they are far better than Wilsons.

I was at a public range awhile ago, and had some of the others there test some of them in their 1911's, all performed without fail.......from first round to lock back........in 6 different 1911 makes.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Posts liked by others
    Check is in the mail tomorrow for 1 8 rounder with BP.
    NRA Member

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
    A. Camus

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast