Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What beavertail fits the Springfields?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    got the GS tonight and did some shaving with a dremel to fit it. didnt touch the frame, just the GS itself. It's a pretty good, but not perfect fitup so i recommend it for people who are looking for an appropriate application.

I have some dehorning to do and then refinishing and I will take pics.

Am i happy with it? yeah... i wanted a beavertail with not insurance pad. this thing goes flush with the MSH when depressed. i tried for the life of me to get the loosest possible grip on the gun to see how easy it would be to get the GS to lock up the trigger bow due to the lack of the insurance pad but it just wouldnt happen. further supporting my belief that insurance pads are really not needed and jsut make the grip uncomfortable. i simply cant get my hand into a position to be able to pull the trigger and *not* depress the flat GS.

Posts liked by others
    Okay, I'm at a loss here................to much reading for me this morning...

The S&A .220 cut will be the best fit for the SA G.I.?

I am about to have a SA MIcro G.I. and I am wanting to add some parts so I need a list going.

S&A .220 cut will be the best fit, right?

I dont mind welding up the tangs, so does that mean it doesnt matter which I buy?

I want everything lining up very straight, I would also like to put on a Ed Brown with the memory pad on it instead.

What are my best options?
    [Mythbusters] Am I missing an eyebrow? [/Mythbusters]

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Josh
    I have found that springfields custom shop will add a beaver, to any 1911, for $90. Is this a good price and will it require more than just droppin it in. Josh
    That doesn't include refinishing does it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234