Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clip VS Magazine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I have buddy, I have, but it's an uphill road. Just yesterday I received an email asking if a military issue 1911 can fire a round with the clip removed.

Yeap. I definitely have.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Glad to know im not the only one bother by this .. Thought i was gonna smack the heck out of guy behind the gun counter trying to sell a gun the other days saying yeah it come with 2 hi cap clips.. Grrrr

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Gun shop commandos, you said??
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Gun shop commandos, you said??
    theres a couple of places here with many a commandos and more than one shop i wont deal with anyone but the owner if he aint there i'm not buying

Posts liked by others
    Would it generally correct to state that a magazine has a spring and a clip doesn't?

Posts liked by others
    Thank you, OD, I down-loaded that image for future use ...

Doesn't "charger" originate with black powder, referring to black powder measure/flask devices? I can see where that would persist in Britain, but not catch on here, when stripper clips came along...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping
    Kinda like "general consensus", or "irregardless"! ACK!
    Well, "general consensus" is like "more or less," which always means "less" (unless more is bad). It means "not a consensus." Which is even more annoying than "clip," but not by much.
    Have a pet? Join us at pets-r-great

Posts liked by others
    If you really want people to think you're stupid, just speak to knowledgeable people and use the wrong terms. Clip, mag and others. They decide you're close to clueless 10 seconds into the conversation. I'm glad an old friend of mine that was a 1911 afficionado "splained" to me what the difference between a magazine and a clip was.

Irregardless is one of my favorites. I also like it when people refer to "amount" when "number" would be correct.

Anyway, I want a Coke, no I don't want a Pepsi. If I wanted a Pepsi, I'da said PEPSI!
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daveohno

Anyway, I want a Coke, no I don't want a Pepsi. If I wanted a Pepsi, I'da said PEPSI!
    And i want a Pepsi if i wanted a Coke i would have asked for a coke not Pepsi

Posts liked by others
    Irregardless of whether you want Coke or Pepsi, you're getting RC.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    NO, NO, NO, FRANK!

Irregardless of weather you want Coke or Pepsi, your getting RC.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper
    Last edited by OD*; 7th November 2007 at 19:44.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast