Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Clip VS Magazine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    A Buick engine in a TR7V8???!!! What about the transmission? Did it matched or you used a Buick transmission with it?
    I know, that just sounds loopy, but that was a solution, right out of the box, with the TR-7. It almost seemed made for it, an easy swap--I think the trade press were touting the switch from day one, it was almost as though the Triumph folks planned on it. (Just my memory, Professor, please correct me if it is hazy...)

PS, I once hit...um, a very high speed with a TR-6. A V-8 Tr-7: Hubba-hubba-hubba!
    Have a pet? Join us at pets-r-great
    Last edited by A.B.; 17th November 2007 at 11:46.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor
    Yes it was manual 4 speed that came with the engine, they have several different engine swap kits on the market, this is a easy swap too! You have to beef up the front end also.
    We posted at the same time. This is a good place to go, for British car questions!

To get back to the thread, perhaps keeping a motor under the bonnet causes some confusion with electrical gizmos...
    Last edited by A.B.; 17th November 2007 at 13:33.

Posts liked by others
    The Buick engine is a 3.8 liter V6. Physically it's small so it should just about drop in. The output would be astounding. The first little Tuner Kiddie with a Honda Civic that tries him is going to get a rude surprise.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)
    Last edited by garrettwc; 17th November 2007 at 13:38.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    The Buick engine is a 3.8 liter V6. Physically it's small so it should just about drop in. The output would be astounding. The first little Tuner Kiddie with a Honda Civic that tries him is going to get a rude surprise.
    And a quick one!

How far can she jump in the air, Professor, when you start her in first?
    Last edited by A.B.; 17th November 2007 at 14:19.

Posts liked by others
    This little guy(TR7) can keep up with the big boys, Almost scary to accelerate WOT in it! It's my cousin's car BTW. P.S. he has a bad habit of calling mags ... clips.
    Last edited by The Professor; 17th November 2007 at 20:32.

Posts liked by others
    i shoot clip through my 1911 and ak-47 all the time.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping
    I, for one, am dog-tired of hearing people say, "I shot 4 CLIPS of 230gr FMJ through my new Colt."! What you DID DO, was shoot four... MAGAZINES!
    Actually they shot 32 ROUNDS of 230gr FMJ via four magazines through their new Colt.

You guys thought I couldn't find you hiding over here...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Posts liked by others
    All this makes me wonder why crescent shaped magazinbes are called "banana clips." Can you peel them and eat them after firing the last round?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567