Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull by the horns...

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Bull by the horns...

I noticed on the Kimber site that the description for the Pro Carry II says:

* Compact and Pro Carry pistols have 4-inch bushingless match grade bull barrels.
    * Compact Stainless II has a shorter frame yet retains 7-round magazine capacity.
    * Kimber aluminum frames have been tested to over 20,000 rounds without evidence of meaningful wear.
    * All Compact and Pro Carry pistols use a proven single recoil spring design.

Now, the TLE II is listed under the Compact II and Pro Carry II Family. So I assume that the TLE II is just a steel version of the Pro Carry II and has a bull barrel, yes?

Additonally, I noticed that there are some 5" Custom TLE IIs on Gunsamerica that I didn't know were made.

I also noticed that some of the NIB TLE IIs on Gunsamerica have internal and some have external extractors.

So confused... I'm going to go hug my Warrior... simple, one size, no options.
    Last edited by WilliamWallace; 30th October 2007 at 14:17.

Posts liked by others
    nm, I think I have it all figured out...

Posts liked by others
    It's OK, if you really want brain melt down, just go look at all the different Sig models...
    Rule #1b of "How to Survive a Gunfight (Credited to Dean Speir)

Bring all your friends who have guns. (The United States Marine Corps performs this theory quite well and remains one of its better practitioners.)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JDLV4_0
    It's OK, if you really want brain melt down, just go look at all the different Sig models...
    ok, get out of my head... i was just over at the SIG board before I checked this 30 seconds ago... creepy!

Posts liked by others
    Well, I got to handle a TLE/RL 2 today. As far as I can tell, it's a Steel gun with a rail, I think... After reading your post, I'm really confused... LOL! Maybe I'll just stick to what I have already...

Oh, and the Sig's are REALLY confusing!

Now I'm even more confused!!!

Think they'll make a CDP Custom Compact TLE/RL Royal Warrior anytime soon??? If so, I'll take two!!!

LMAO!!!!

Fyr
    Gun control is using both hands!!
    Multiple 1911's, Kahrs, XD's, Glocks, Kel-Tecs, Black Rifles, etc...
    9/11 - We Will Never Forget...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

"Leave the gun... Take the Cannoli"
    Last edited by fyrfytrcwd; 30th October 2007 at 21:23.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytrcwd

Think they'll make a CDP Custom Compact TLE/RL Royal Warrior anytime soon???
    great! i just burst a blood vessel in my left eye trying to follow that post...
    Last edited by WilliamWallace; 31st October 2007 at 01:07.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

OK, before anybody gets injured.... It's not as confussing as it appears, i swear .

Kimber does make a PRO TLE (and TLE/RL) II. It is the same size as the PRO CARRY, but is all-steel. Many of the other "Pro" and "Compact" Kimbers have an alloy frame.

Kimber also makes the TLE (and TLE/RL) II in "full-size".

TLE is basically a "package"; it's the addition of certain features to their base gun, the CUSTOM II, or in the instance of the shorter model, the PRO II. It included front-strap checkering and nightsights...i think that's it.

The RL is just a "tactical rail". If you need to mount a light or other accessory that's the way to go.

Hope this straighten's it out some.....
    Eli

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by elijdub

Kimber does make a PRO TLE (and TLE/RL) II. It is the same size as the PRO CARRY, but is all-steel.
    ok, not to beat a dead horse, but the Pro TLE does, in fact, have a bull barrel? for sure? undeniably? absolutely? <right eye twitching>

haha... found it...
    Last edited by WilliamWallace; 31st October 2007 at 12:53.

Posts liked by others
    YES! Absopositivelutely! Notice the lack of "bushing" on the pictured gun... This indicates a "bull bbl".
    As a general rule of thumb, most sub-4.25" 1911's have a bull barrel. As a matter of fact i can't think of a single 4-inch-or-smaller 1911 without a bull barrel! Most 4.25-inch ("true" commander-length guns) maintain a bushing'd barrel (i.e., Colt Commander, Nighthawk T3, etc.).

Are you after a steel "pro-sized" Kimber? If so, have you looked at the PRO Raptor? I think it's one of Kimber's nicest guns (though that PRO TLE has me drooling!).

Let us know what you end up buyin'....
    Eli
    Last edited by elijdub; 31st October 2007 at 17:56.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast