Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot Warrior today - no Swartz safety

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Shot Warrior today - no Swartz safety

I had heard it both ways, but with my own eyes, the Warrior I shot had no Swartz safety. It also had the best 1911 trigger possible with a much quicker reset than any Kimber I ever shot. I couldn't believe it, what a fine weapon, I'm now in the market for one.
    Walt

Posts liked by others
    the Warrior I shot had no Swartz safety
    The Warrior and the Classic (limited edition) are the only Kimbers that don't have the Shwartz safety.

It also had the best 1911 trigger possible with a much quicker reset than any Kimber I ever shot.
    They used to all be that way That was before the powers that be decided to ruin them though.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    one of the only ones left with a steel MSH as well...

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    The Warrior and the Classic (limited edition) are the only Kimbers that don't have the Shwartz safety.
    Garret, i'm fairly certain that the other so-called "series I" Kimbers didn't have the Swartz either; Elite Carry (1200 produced), Royal Carry (600), Gold Guardian (300 produced), Stainless Covert (1000 produced), Pro Ellite (2500 produced), and the Ultra Elite (2750 produced). As far as i can tell, the series-II designation and subsequent Swartz mechanizm were originally placed in 2001-year models.

Walt, I think the Warrior is one of the best pistols Kimber has made. I vote for you getting one . It's been my understanding that it doesn't have the Swartz either.
    Eli
    Last edited by elijdub; 31st October 2007 at 22:24.

Posts liked by others
    Sorry for the confusion, Eli is correct. What I meant to say is

The Warrior and Classic Limited Edition are the only "current" Kimbers. The older versions (before the beginning of the ruining with external extractors and shwartzs, etc) were all no FPS versions.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    Sorry for the confusion, Eli is correct. What I meant to say is

The Warrior and Classic Limited Edition are the only "current" Kimbers. The older versions (before the beginning of the ruining with external extractors and shwartzs, etc) were all no FPS versions.
    Garret, I'm a fan of the early models myself, having fired them (two) at my range recently (and just prefering the mechanics in general). I saw an Elite Carry for sale recently...it was all i could do not to buy it . I still may.... I'd really like a Clack!
    In the absence of a "series I", i think the Warrior is my first choice.

Hey Walt, did you buy a Warrior ?
    Eli

Posts liked by others
    I think the Series II's started in 2001. I have a pre series II Classic Stainless that was made in 2000.
    Tomcatt
    1911's and Hi Powers...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I'm amazed at the difference in the triggers, especially the fast reset, you can feel it in the trigger with just a hair of release, and bang again. I'm thinking that the sear must be shaped differently to give that fast reset.
    I'm wondering if a series ll would have that trigger if you removed the Swartz plunger and the cam on that sear pin? I would even be willing to remove the rear sight and take out the spring and end piece under there. That's just too much difference between my other Kimbers and that Warrior. I have had expert trigger jobs too.

No I haven't bought one yet, or even been to the gun store to look. I've been busy shooting every day, lots of 9mm these days. I will decide what to do in my sleep, and I don't ever rush the sleep decisions. Position of the moon plays an important part in my sleep decisions, but that's when I do my best thinking. The memories of how well that Warrior shot are haunting me and it's Halloween. I've shot a lot of 1911's including Nighthawks, Wilson, Les Baer, but the Warrior was the best. It also put the rounds where I aimed them. I'm not going to freak out because Morris promised me that his gun was brand new and had not been modified. In fact, I shot it before he did. This guy is freshly retired from the Sheriff's Dept. here where he was the shooter (Snipper) for the SWAT team. When he put it through the paces on steel silhouettes it was scary, COM double taps and neck shots, never missing or spreading the group larger than a tennis ball at 15 yards. I just said, "nice gun" Morris.
    Walt

Posts liked by others

They used to all be that way That was before the powers that be decided to ruin them though.
    The Limited Edition Target Match also doesn't have the Swartz Safety.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcatt
    I think the Series II's started in 2001. I have a pre series II Classic Stainless that was made in 2000.
    Tomcatt
    I searched the entire "Kimber Archive's" and found no pistol made earlier than 2001 (2000>backwards) that was a series-II. From my research, i agree that the series-II designation (and subsequent Swartz safety installation on all pistols) was introduced during the early part of 2001...i.e., from 2001 on, all Kimbers were series-II's.
    Here's a link to the archive that has every pistol Kimber ever made:
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/specialrun.php
    Eli

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast