Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many using RRA for CCW and what model?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy
    I am not going to go on anymore other than to say I think you are wrong.
    Well gosh thanks for sparing us. After three paragraphs I can't imagine you'd have much more to go on about. We're just trying to have a civil discussion here so no need to get all wound up.

Occasionally folks will disagree here ... hopefully we can all work through it.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Posts liked by others
    See, this is one of the problems with the internet. When a group of people talk face to face there is body language and tone. On the errornet there is just printed words. I wasn't trying to be rude or start a fight, wasn't even on any caffine at all. It is just a fact, go to any gun related forum and something like this will come up. On some of the plastic gun forums someone will go so far as to recommend not even changing sights as this is a modified gun. There is no reason not to carry something like a RRA or any other semi-custom to custom 1911 (or insert gun of your choice) that has reasonably speced out as a fighting gun. Sure, the 2# trigger pull will probably get you in trouble, the kill em all grips won't help either. A RRA like the basic carry (which by the way started out as the Adco spec gun) has all you need and no frills to be a fighting gun. Just because it came out of a Custom shop is not going to send you to jail.

The truth of the matter is that no matter what weapon you use if you should be unfortunate enough to have to do so is going to be taken away for awhile. For some this might be an extremely good reason not to carry their high dollar pistol. Myself, if this one gets taken away I'll pull out it's 5" brother. It is true that some prosecutors may try and vilifie (sure I spelt that wrong) for whatever weapon you happen to use from a Raven to a custom 1911. It is up to us to find a very good expert witness to show our weapon of choice wasn't a KILLER weapon.

Since we aren't face to face, this was my smiling talking to a friend tone of voice.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

Posts liked by others
    UPSguy,

OK I agree. There's no way we can convey as much through the written word and that's a good looking RR you have too!

Hersh

Btw: I'm a FedEx guy so we can swap war stories offline sometime.
    Last edited by Hersh; 19th January 2008 at 09:31.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you. I am truly surprised though by the lack of response in this thread.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy
    Thank you. I am truly surprised though by the lack of response in this thread.
    Iirc, quite some time back there was an ownership survey by brand and it showed that there weren't that many RR owners on the board. That's probably the reason.

Posts liked by others
    UPSguy, Fine looking gun you have. Not my quote, but true, Life's to short to carry an ugly gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersh
    Iirc, quite some time back there was an ownership survey by brand and it showed that there weren't that many RR owners on the board. That's probably the reason.
    Hersh, Why do you think that is.

Mlambro

Posts liked by others
    Attempting to provide a reasonable answer to the question of lack of support in the thread it stems from a lacking In RRA's customer service. They do however build one heck of a pretty pistol as your's is proof. I have considered getting one of their bobtails and seeing your stainless makes me really move that up the line.
    Take care and good shooting.....Proc
    Last edited by Proc; 23rd January 2008 at 09:36.

Posts liked by others
    Maybe I am misreading what you are saying. I agree that their CS is lacking but I wouldn't think that is a reason for a lack of participation in a RRA forum, or for carrying the pistol.

Oh, by the way, that is polished and matted hard chrome, not stainless.

Posts liked by others
    It is a great looking pistol.
    Take care and good shooting.....Proc
    Last edited by Proc; 23rd January 2008 at 12:35.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you, these are sort of a matched set.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast