Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: S&W 1911 Heads up!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    When I have shipped back to S&W, I have had to do it at the local hub. UPS store, drop boxes, etc. do not take firearms.

Posts liked by others
    I realize this is a bit old, but since it is stickied...

It appears that the factory was aware of the burr problem, and concluded it had no affect on function or parts life. However, they also appear to have realized that people perceive it as a problem, and the new guns coming out are burr-less.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamdium
    It appears that the factory was aware of the burr problem, and concluded it had no affect on function or parts life.
    And they're either wrong, or they're flat out lying.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Tuner
    And they're either wrong, or they're flat out lying.
    I think they take the point of view of the "average user" and "typical use" when evaluating the problem.

And by complete coincidence it was also the cheaper option.....

At least they are willing to fix it for those of us who DO care, but I never liked having to ask for something I should have been given in the first place.
    Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try. Peggy Noonan
    Cynicism is usually an attempt to justify laziness. Jeff Cooper

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789