Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: New to Baers? Read this.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping
    The best way I've found is to draw the slide back and insert the rear end of a toothbrush between the breech and the bbl hood.
    What did you do, borrow one?

DD

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet45
    I happen to find it rather funny that people like Les Bear pistols because they are the tightest built, yet they suggest not cleaning the gun for 500 rounds to (lap the slide and frame) to loosen it. I'm sure not going to buy a gun, and play around for 1000 rds and try to loosen things.
    I would do it because that is what the owners of Baers say works. I am not a Baer owner, but they do have the noisiest group of owners on our forums and they are all a really happy lot of 1911 owners, you almost never hear of functioning problems or dust cover rubs. The only reasons I don't own a Baer is because I have a Horsey ( I really like Colt's) problem and I am price resistant to a pistol that costs in the $1500 range or more. But if you believe what is written about Baers here by their owners (I admit, I do trust them) a Baer is a good pistol and it seems they are worth the extra money you have to plunk down to own one.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Question?

I am new owner of Les Baer Preimer II.

How do you adjust the sites. I tried to turn them but they wouldnt move?

Thanks in Advnce.
    Likes (1) :
    tinbendur (23rd June 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum.

Your P2 does have the adjustable sights doesn't it?
    Using a screwdriver with a blade that fits each adjustment screw properly you shouldn't have any problem.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Joni,

I didnt want to break it. It was a little tight. Wanted to make sure there wasnt some special way to turn it.

Thanks Again

LTCKnight
    "A plan without flexibility is doomed to failure" Sensei AJ Advincula

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Lynn
    Welcome to the forum.

Your P2 does have the adjustable sights doesn't it?
    Using a screwdriver with a blade that fits each adjustment screw properly you shouldn't have any problem.
    Lynnie, in her wisdom, makes a great but often overlooked point.
    PLEASE buy a nice set of screwdrivers that fit the screws on your gun. You won't necessarily by glad that you DID, but I assure you, you will be mad at yourself eventually if you DIDN'T.
    DD

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdollar
    PLEASE buy a nice set of screwdrivers that fit the screws on your gun. You won't necessarily by glad that you DID, but I assure you, you will be mad at yourself eventually if you DIDN'T.
    +1, from someone who DIDN'T!

(thankfully, it was only an airsoft...)
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Brownell's has drivers and bits both individually and in sets that I recommend. They work great. Theirs is one of the best quality sets available.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516