Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

View Poll Results: What 1911s do you have?

Voters
2737. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

37 1.35%
  • Auto Ordnance

73 2.67%
  • Les Baer

167 6.10%
  • Ed Brown

61 2.23%
  • Bul

13 0.47%
  • Clark

23 0.84%
  • Colt

1,024 37.41%
  • Cylinder & Slide

7 0.26%
  • Charles Daly/Armscor/Rock Island/SAM

274 10.01%
  • Guncrafter

6 0.22%
  • Kimber

808 29.52%
  • Llama/Firestorm

83 3.03%
  • Norinco

130 4.75%
  • Olympic Arms

11 0.40%
  • Para Ordnance

251 9.17%
  • Pistol Dynamics

5 0.18%
  • Rock River Arms

38 1.39%
  • Sigarms

92 3.36%
  • Smith & Wesson

203 7.42%
  • Springfield

869 31.75%
  • STI

95 3.47%
  • Dan Wesson

91 3.32%
  • Wilson Combat

127 4.64%
  • Others

505 18.45%
  • Do not want to answer

5 0.18%
  • Nighthawk Custom

23 0.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: What 1911s do you have?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Good info. Helps me to know which products people are satisfied with. (I presume the "Others" would be home assemble?)

Posts liked by others
    M1911.ORG HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST INFORMTIVE AND MANAGED SITES ON THE WEB-Bill
    SHOOT STRAIGHT BE SAFE/I OWN A SA

Posts liked by others
    i am glad you decided to have the poll....thanks

Posts liked by others

Thank You John

I am new to the 1911 forum, and I have tried others, this is my first choice, and thanks for making it that. You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work.

Jake

Posts liked by others
    I like this, but there is one small problem. This is asking what brands you have, not how many. Like I own 2 of Brand "X", but it only counts as 1. Now if someone is interested, I have

1 of those,
    1 of those,
    2 of those,
    oh yeah, 1 of those
    and don't let me forget, 1 one of these

Just added another of those
    Last edited by stumbler; 11th March 2005 at 20:39.

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up Polls present interesting statistics.

I see there are a lot of diehard Colt and Springfield fans still out there. Kimber is gaining in popularity these days. S&W seems to be declining. Polls present interesting statistics.

Posts liked by others
    stand strong guys,I will let them do all the counting they want, it's the taking away they will have the problems with
    goodnight chesty puller, where ever you are...

Posts liked by others
    I see nothing wrong with this nor anything wrong with it being in profile... Some people are jsut to out there ... guy probley wears a tin foil hat too

Posts liked by others

ThankYou!

John:
    Thank you for the poll.
    But more importantly, thank you for the moderator work you do and the concern you have for this to be a good site. I have only recently started having tirme to do the forums, and I believe 'yours' to be the best I have seen.
    Most of us shooters (I almost said guys) in USA are decent sorts. It is the old 'bad apple' deal I guess.
    Info to share you may find disgusting due to your environment: Last month I was able to buy one zillion Winchester white box ball at $177 US per thousand! Thanks again for all your efforts

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobelk99
    John:
    Thank you for the poll.
    But more importantly, thank you for the moderator work you do and the concern you have for this to be a good site. I have only recently started having tirme to do the forums, and I believe 'yours' to be the best I have seen.
    Most of us shooters (I almost said guys) in USA are decent sorts. It is the old 'bad apple' deal I guess.
    Info to share you may find disgusting due to your environment: Last month I was able to buy one zillion Winchester white box ball at $177 US per thousand! Thanks again for all your efforts
    One explanation, why I removed the USGI pistols.

These are usually the "collectables", whose price is from a little, to a whole lot higher than a commercial contemporary pistol. So, maybe some people might be intimidated to answer (again). The "Other" option is a cover-up for them.

If you die-hard collectors are interested in having a poll, of the USGI brands, I would be happy to create one for you. Please let me know.

Finally, thank you to all who posted in this thread expressing their opinion on me and M1911.ORG, sincerely appreciate it.

And now ladies (0.95%) and gentlemen (98.31%), if you would allow me, I'll get ready to go to the range. I need a couple more matches before April to maintain my permit, so I'd better take advantage of a sunny Saturday morning.

Rgds

P.S.: I find it rather interesting that 1% of our membership is females. Thank you for your trust ladies.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast