Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

View Poll Results: What 1911s do you have?

Voters
2737. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

37 1.35%
  • Auto Ordnance

73 2.67%
  • Les Baer

167 6.10%
  • Ed Brown

61 2.23%
  • Bul

13 0.47%
  • Clark

23 0.84%
  • Colt

1,024 37.41%
  • Cylinder & Slide

7 0.26%
  • Charles Daly/Armscor/Rock Island/SAM

274 10.01%
  • Guncrafter

6 0.22%
  • Kimber

808 29.52%
  • Llama/Firestorm

83 3.03%
  • Norinco

130 4.75%
  • Olympic Arms

11 0.40%
  • Para Ordnance

251 9.17%
  • Pistol Dynamics

5 0.18%
  • Rock River Arms

38 1.39%
  • Sigarms

92 3.36%
  • Smith & Wesson

203 7.42%
  • Springfield

869 31.75%
  • STI

95 3.47%
  • Dan Wesson

91 3.32%
  • Wilson Combat

127 4.64%
  • Others

505 18.45%
  • Do not want to answer

5 0.18%
  • Nighthawk Custom

23 0.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: What 1911s do you have?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

What 1911s do you have?

This is meant to replace the Profile information on this issue, that had bothered some member, enough to accuse me of being an antigunner.

Again, this is up to you, you want to vote, you do, you do not want to vote, it's fine with me.

Rgds
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the poll
    Don,t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, John. It will be interesting to see the results.

I understand you being insulted. A gun owner who runs a gun site ... being called an anti!?? Your original idea was/is a good one.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, John. I appreciate and enjoy this site very much- especially the fact that there is a "guns for sale" section. Keep up the good work.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Thanks, John. It will be interesting to see the results.

I understand you being insulted. A gun owner who runs a gun site ... being called an anti!?? Your original idea was/is a good one.
    The fact that I am a gun owner who runs a guns site is not so important. The person who accused me, lives in US, a place where acquiring a gun is -almost- as easy as bying a pair of jeans. And where you pay less money for a box of ammo than a pack of cigarettes (almost).

I live in a country where guns are taboo, where police considers you an outlaw, just because you ask for a permit to lawfully own a gun, where the state does everything they can to prevent people from starting in this sport, where those of us who are fortunate enough to have such a license, are forced to pay huge prices for guns and even higher for ammo.

And this person, had the guts to accuse me of collecting "statistics and data bases are one in the same and I will not assist in your design (he means desire, I assume) to count firearms in households".

As if I had made it mandatory to answer this question, if you wanted to become a member. As if I put a gun on his head to fill in the information.

That was too much! I know that some people seldom use what we all have between our ears, but this one really made me furious. Really hurt my feelings. After all those hours I've spend maintaining M1911.ORG, for people to come and get free information, free advise, free quality time.

Sorry gentlemen, your support, as expressed here, and in the other thread, really helped lift my spirits.

Kind regards
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 11th March 2005 at 09:34.

Posts liked by others

Data Tracking

John,
    I find the poll interesting in so much it might give some information on issues posted in the manufacture sections. For instance, if a large number of members have SA 1911’s, there may well be more issues posted on that section. It might help put the number of issues/problems in perspective.

If a US citizen is worried about data collection, I suggest they spend only cash on anything they do not want the government to know about. Several companies now gather the spending habits of us Americans based on our Credit purchases and there are no current laws regulating how this information can be used since it is not tied to a government agency.

Keep up the good work John, no offence taken here.

The more things change, the more they remain the same!

Posts liked by others
    thanks for polling the site john-Bill
    SHOOT STRAIGHT BE SAFE/I OWN A SA

Posts liked by others
    I live in a country where guns are taboo, where police considers you an outlaw, just because you ask for a permit to lawfully own a gun, where the state does everything they can to prevent people from starting in this sport, where those of us who are fortunate enough to have such a license, are forced to pay huge prices for guns and even higher for ammo.
    Here,s almost the same (eccept whe are allowed to reload )
    John did the olympic games in Greece change anything for the shootingsport in Greece ,because it was a olympic sport also ?
    I know they build a complete new shootingrange in a mountain
    Don,t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Posts liked by others
    I have a Kimber TLE II and a Remington Rand 1911a1 circa 1944-45. I noticed you deleted the WWII models from the poll.
    I think it's horse $hit that someone would accuse you of being antigun; what ever that means.
    Joe

Posts liked by others
    anti gun for a moderator of a gun forum??
    keep up the good work john..

Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast