Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new M1911.ORG Pocketsmith

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

The new M1911.ORG Pocketsmith

Please use this thread to discuss M1911.ORG Pocketsmith II multitool, as it appears in our E-zine.

You can order yours, here.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 9th February 2009 at 11:41.

Posts liked by others
    That looks like a much better tool than the one Wilson offers. I'm gonna have to try one of these Caspian's, I don't use my Wilson tool anymore. Nice write-up, John.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget to specify that you want the M1911.ORG model when ordering.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 4th June 2007 at 10:57.

Posts liked by others
    The new Pocketsmith II is a significant improvement over the original Pocketsmith, too. It's bigger, it's shaped a bit more "ergonomically," and the plier/bushing wrench head is beefier. In addition, the new version is a reversable head -- one side fits Government and Commander barrel bushings and the other side fits Officers barrel bushings. The old version was one-sided and fit only the Government/Commander bushing.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Rio Vista Slim Guest

John,
    Thank you very much for an informative review of the Caspian/M1911.ORG Pocketsmith II. I just recently read a small caption article about the Caspian tool in American Handgunner, and thought about ordering one. Thanks to your input and review, I'll be calling Caspian and ordering one of OURS.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim
    John,
    Thank you very much for an informative review of the Caspian/M1911.ORG Pocketsmith II. I just recently read a small caption article about the Caspian tool in American Handgunner, and thought about ordering one. Thanks to your input and review, I'll be calling Caspian and ordering one of OURS.
    Same for me looks like the one to have. Gotta have the 1911.org version though.

Posts liked by others
    $35? Do you know how many martini-equivalents that is?

Seriously, I'm tempted. If anyone has one, I'd like your comments on the quality of the screwdriver blades, I'd hate to bung up the slot in a blued screw - again.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidextrous1
    $35? Do you know how many martini-equivalents that is?...
    Only about 2 1/2 -- things are expensive here. So if you forgo your third martini only three nights in one week, you've more than covered the cost of an M1911.ORG Pocketsmith II.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    John, good review and a nice looking tool. I'm going to order one. I went to the web site to order and didn't see a way to order the M1911.ORG version. Is it even possible from the web or must I call via phone?
    Regards

Posts liked by others
    Good looking tool and a well written report John. I see a Christmas present for a friend there. (maybe 2)
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast