Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: "Grip"

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Video: "Grip"

Okay,
    Here are some excerpts from a video on grip. I have a lot on my plate the next couple of weeks, putting video clips together, editing etc. Plus, I have a real estate business to run. But if I get the time, I will try to post another video.
    http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...pexcerpts1.flv

Posts liked by others
    Lurper,

Very nice. Makes alot of sense relating the grip to the body forces and balance. Form follows function, eh?

Next maybe the placement of the feet, pelvis, sacrum and spine. Base of support.

This is cool - holisitic shooting.

Thanks for the videos.

Happy Trails,
    K9

Posts liked by others
    Lurper, these are nicely done and very informative. Thanks for posting them.

And thanks to John for offering us a "training" forum.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    thanks luper great info on grips and double taps

Posts liked by others
    Thanks luper, this is the kind of stuff I'd really like to see more of. I haven't shot in a few years, just got back into it last month, and would love to learn some basic skills I never bothered to learn the first time around. Aside from finding the time to take a class, watching a video online is perfect and much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for posting Lurper. I was taught the same grip in SWAT training.
    Training to win because failure is not an option.

Presverate In Punga = Press The Fight
    Last edited by dforth; 27th March 2007 at 10:17. Reason: got a name wrong

Posts liked by others
    Appreciate the posting of the video as I just got my first 1911. Previously shot revolvers only and it is different. Will have to try your way of gripping the pistol next time I go to the range.
    Rudy N

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.. concise and very clear...what do you do if your dominant eye is the left eye and you are right handed...how do you adjust your grip.
    Tony

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up Luper...thanks for taking the time to inform us!

Looking forward to future video's.......Thaanks! Rich

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for sharing Lurper. Wel done.
    Norton

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast