Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transitions

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Outstanding videos. I'll be looking forward to your next ones.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    I've just found this part of the board a few days ago, and it's great.
    This is the very thing i've been looking for, as i've never had any training, except from what i've read. This puts thing into perspective when you can actualy see it.
    The grip vidieo really helped.

Thank you Lurper for doing the vids. They are awesome!

Posts liked by others
    Thanks again, Lurper. Yet another helpful video. My transition time, and follow up shot times are considerably slower than yours. Do you, in all honesty, see the correct sight picture before pulling the trigger on a double tap, or follow up shot, or transitional shot? If so, that is outstanding gun control and reflexes. I am impressed either way.
    Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits.

Posts liked by others
    Yes, I can see the sight picture the entire time during the recoil cycle. That is what allows me to put the shot where I want it to be. If I see the sight anywhere in the "A" zone (or upper A/B for Mozambique), I break the shot. If I need more precision, I just wait for the sight to be precisely where I need it to be before I break the shot.

Posts liked by others
    That is amazing. Are there any tricks to that, or is it just practice? As in... what can help me train myself to "track the sites"?
    Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits.

Posts liked by others
    I don't know of any tricks. I don't know if Lurper does. In general, if there are any tricks to training and practice they're: you want to concentrate on what you're doing and what you intend to accomplish; you want to work on performing each repetition correctly; you want to stay focused; frequent shorter practice sessions are more productive than less frequent but longer sessions, because you can better maintain an appropriate degree of focus for a shorter period of time; don't worry about being fast, but be smooth and don't try to go so fast that you start making mistakes.

DVC
    adapt, improvise, overcome
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.", Carl Sagan
    "One should shoot as quickly as one can -- but no quicker.", Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    I don't know of any tricks. I don't know if Lurper does. In general, if there are any tricks to training and practice they're: you want to concentrate on what you're doing and what you intend to accomplish; you want to work on performing each repetition correctly; you want to stay focused; frequent shorter practice sessions are more productive than less frequent but longer sessions, because you can better maintain an appropriate degree of focus for a shorter period of time; don't worry about being fast, but be smooth and don't try to go so fast that you start making mistakes.

DVC
    That makes sense. I suppose just repetition to induce muscle memory.... There are plenty of things you can practice without having to fire the gun.

Posts liked by others
    It is not a physical skill. It is a mental one. You need to learn how to focus your concetration to the point that the voice in your head is silent. You need to remove your conscious mind from the equation. Much easier said than done. There are excercises you can do, but due to their length I won't post them here.

Posts liked by others
    Where might they be posted?

I have recently purchased $60 of blackpowder for reloading in hopes to make a lot of ammo to practice.

I bought the wrong powder type and wasted my $.

I now have the right powder and will try my first attempt at reloading.

If successful, I will have 2-300 rounds to practice with.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by armedandfree
    Where might they be posted?

I have recently purchased $60 of blackpowder for reloading in hopes to make a lot of ammo to practice.
    Hi

There is a very good reloading area on this forum. There is a lot of information there that will help you get started in reloading. At the very least you can learn from the mistakes the rest of us have made ...

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast