Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of our RIA FS Match Review in our E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Discussion of our RIA FS Match Review in our E-zine

Please use this thread to discuss our review on this pistol, as it has been published in our E-zine.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Seems as though RIA is here to stay! I own 3 of their products and have no complaints. This one sure sounds like another winner for them. Their lower cost and reliability should help them gain market share against K and S! As usual another great test, well written and ahead of the gun rags!!!

Posts liked by others
    It is very nice that RIA is bringing new products to market. How about getting production up to speed to provide those products which we can't get a hold of like the compact and the tactical. Frankly if you can't get the product who cares how good it is.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    The Tactical should be in the shelves as you are reading this. There are several members here, who got theirs already.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Great write up and the gun looks very appealing in all aspects. Thanks!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The Tactical should be in the shelves as you are reading this. There are several members here, who got theirs already.
    They certainly WERE on the shelves, but the shelves are now empty. April seems to be the best guess when they'll be back.

Posts liked by others
    I liked the report. Slim did a good job on it - only complaint is that he mentioned the lack of overtravel adjustment, but didn't make it clear whether it would have benifitted from one or not. Not a big issue - just nit-picking.

As for the gun - It looks more to my liking than the Tactical or the Spartan. If it had been sitting in the case next to my GI and their other offerings, I would have bought the FS Match, I think. Probably would then have swapped only the trigger and the FPS. Come to think of it - that's essentially all I did with the GI...

Posts liked by others
    Finally! Somebody giving a T&E gun a workout. Last time I read a gun rag (granted, it's been a while) most of the reviews put 50 rounds through it and called it a day.

Also sounds like Ivan and Co. had the courage to send you the first one off the boat from the P.I. instead of cherry picking and hand tweaking one! Kudos to them.

I will definitely be getting more Armscor products in the future. <cough>commandersizedtactical<cough>

Joe

Posts liked by others
    read the review...any idea when will this hit market???

Posts liked by others
    I really enjoyed reading this review. After seeing a couple of Rock Island 1911s at the San Antonio gun show and spending time in this forumn I have really wanted to scratch the itch and get my first 1911. After many nights catching up with posts in the forum I have decided on a RIA Tactical when they become available again. After reading this review I'm wondering if the FS Match might be a better choice. The gun would only be my CCW occasionally and otherwise be my target/range/house gun as well as possible IDPA competition.

From what I can tell the differences between the FS Match and Tactical are:
    Hand fitted slide/frame
    Different finish
    Upgraded sights
    Change to FLGR design

Is there anything I'm missing?

Great forum. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast