Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Thanksgiving
to all those who celebrate it.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on RIA's Tactical 1911 review

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Discussion on RIA's Tactical 1911 review

Please use this thread to discuss our RIA Tactical .45 ACP 1911 review, as published in our E-zine at http://ezine.m1911.org/RIATactical_frame.htm.

Thanks
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Another good and honest review Steve, Keep up the good work!

Aim small, Miss small

Posts liked by others
    Not sure if I just missed it. But what is the MSRP on one?

I know prices will varry but a ballpark figure would be nice.
    2nd A.C.R. Operation Desert Shield/Storm 1990-1991
    http://www.nationalgunforum.com
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." Thomas Jefferson

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I am sure that either Ivan or Martin will jump in with the answer to this, even though you will be able to check their distributors prices very shortly.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up Now you've done it!

Now you have done it... I just read the review and looked at the Photo's of the new Rock. My wifes going to kill me. I just got to have one.

Posts liked by others
    I was able to handle one over the weekend and my only complaint was the fit of the sights. The rear sight does not look like it belongs. I may pick one up anyway and blent the sight a bit myself.

Posts liked by others
    Excellent job Slim!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Sounds to me that fit and finish of this pistol leaves something to be desired.

This must be the first 1911 pistol that says not to use hollow point bullets in the gun. I have not heard anyone report that kind of warning before. Did you case gauge the offending cartridges? Eleven failures out of 300 seems to me to be rather high to me, what was wrong with the Remington ammo?

Is the barrel throated or is something the new owner might want to do for himself?

Thank-you for the report.

Take Care

Bob
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    Great report Slim. I appreciate you pointing out the faults. What's that about hollowpoints voiding the warranty on RIA pistols? I must've missed that in my documentaion - now I'll have to check again.

BTW - I'm in agreement on the full-length guide rod being an "undesirable", but am aware that many folks want that feature. Can't fault RIA for responding to those desires if they percieve a demand (miguided though it may be).

Bob -

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    You mentioned in your review the front sight was blended into the slide but your picture clearly shows that not to be the case.
    I think you misread the report. Here's a quote from directly under the front sight photo...

"The edges of this sight are not "blended" into the slide profile."

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    You mentioned in your review the front sight was blended into the slide but your picture clearly shows that not to be the case.
    Read the report again Bob, Rio says "The front sight is a higher profile design, without serrations or colored dots. The edges of this sight are not "blended" into the slide profile.".
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast